Chapter 3

"That movie was ass," Dally said as they left the theatre.
    "Well that was our first one in a while so appreciate it!" Darry said back.
    "At least the blonde chick was hot." Johnny's head shot up at those words.
    "Blonde chick?" He asked.
    "Yeah, in the movie." Dally said, giving him a confused look. Johnny sighed in relief.  "What's wrong?" Dally asked.
     "Oh, uh, nothin'."
    "C'mon Johnnycake I know somethin's wrong fess up!" Johnny didn't say anything. "Is it about a girl?" Dally sneered.
    "No," Johnny mumbled, "leave me alone."
    "Don't talk to me like that, you can tell." Johnny really didn't want to though, he was scared how his friends would react to him liking a soc girl. He was scared they'd be mad or overprotective because of what happened with Bob. He didn't need anymore trouble.
     "Nothin's wrong!" He snapped. No one else said anything and they made their way home in silence.

   "Hey Johnny," Darry said sitting on the couch, "when are you thinking of goin' home?"
   "I was hoping not anytime soon. Why, am I bothering you already?"
    "No, no of course not! It's just that your parents-"
    "How many times do I have to tell you, Darry, my parents don't give a shit about me. They probably don't even know that I'm gone. They weren't even home when I went to get new clothes."
    "I see. Stay as long as you want, we're always here," Darry stood up and went to the bathroom.
    "Hey Johnny," Ponyboy said.
   "Hi Pony."
   "What'd you think of the movie?"
   "Wasn't that great."
   "Yeah I was expecting that..." Ponyboy paused and tapped at his knees. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" He asked quickly. Johnny gave out an exasperated sigh.
   "Yeah man I'm fine. Really."
   "Well you seemed to have somethin' on your mind."
    "I don't," Johnny couldn't meet Pony's eyes. At this point everyone was asking him that question so much that he sort of did want to tell. And he knew he could trust Ponyboy with anything.
No don't give in! Who knows what'll happen!
  "I think I'm gonna get ready for bed."
  "But John-"
  "Goodnight Ponyboy."

    "So where'd you go off to Richards?" Bob asked.
   "What?"
   "I said where'd you go off too?"
   "To the bathroom? Like I said?"
   "Oh cut the bullshit, Jen!" Bob floored on the break, causing them to lunge forward.
    "Bob!" Diane screamed, "what is wrong with you!"
    "Oh can it Diane! Don't act like Jen's all innocent!"
    "What are you talking about?" The girls asked in unison.
    "I saw you in that parking lot with that greaser!" Bob said. Diane gave Jen a glance then looked over at Bob.  
    "What does it matter to you Bob? You're not her boyfriend! She can talk to who-"
    "Shut up!" Bob screeched.
    "Don't talk to my friend that way! So what if I was talking to a greaser for a few seconds! What does that matter! Nothing happened!" Jen said.
    "I don't want my friends being seen with musty rejects like them! You don't know what you're getting yourself into! You know that he's friends with that Dally boy? The one who got out of jail?"
   "Oh Bob don't act like some of the stunts you pull on them don't deserve some jail time themselves! You're just as awful as they are! Worse even!" Bob slapped Jen across the face. Diane gasped and put her hands to her face. "You bitch! Get me out of here, I'm walking home!" Jen screeched.
   "Fine have it your way you slut!" Bob screeched back. Jen stomped out of the car and slammed the door. Kicking up dust the blue Mustang drove away.
Asshole, Jen thought. With tears in her eyes and her cheek stinging she walked herself home in the shivering night.
—————————-
A/N
Sorry this chapter is shorter and may not be as good. Haven't updated it in a while :) xx ralphie.m4cchio