I.

~ p r o l o g u e ~

WELCOME TO YOUR LIFE,
THERES NO TURNING BACK.

          DAWN CALLISTA AMORE is not a bad person

DAWN CALLISTA AMORE is not a bad person. Sure, she can be a bit competitive at times, and maybe a little bit of a smart ass, but she knows she's a damn good leader and a damn good person.
After all, she was elected as temporary camp praetor when her best friend Jason Grace goes missing.

To the camp, she was always a bit of a mystery. She was friends with everyone, but no one really knew her. Well, except for her two other best friends.
Reyna Ramirez-Arellano and Kara Price. Both complete opposites. Reyna was more serious and cautious while Kara was jumpy and boy crazy. In short, they hated each other, but they managed to at least act like your average civilized demigods for Dawn's sake. Especially since Reyna was also a praetor at camp. Though, it was no secret Dawn had always been closer to Reyna, Dawn was the only person able to get close to her.

Of course, this only added onto Kara's deep hatred for the girl.

  —  [ 🪄🌅🌿📀 ]

           DAWN CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH OF HER CHILDHOOD. Perhaps it was because she stopped caring about it, or maybe it was something else. She mostly remembers vague things like the warmth she felt when the afternoon sun shone through her bedroom windows and the fields of lavender she used to run through as a toddler. She remembers her eight-year-old self giggling at fishies swimming in the small pond near her house. And she remembers the regal voice she now knows as her mother guiding her to Camp Jupiter when she was eleven.

"You do not belong here, Beautiful Child... Victory is your fate... follow the wolves..."

Her mother would often whisper in her mind at random. She hated it at the time. I mean, what does an eleven-year-old do when they hear a voice telling them to follow the wolves??

So... she found a pack of wolves and followed them all the way to California. She trained vigorously with the wolf named Lupa (who, turns out, is actually a cool ass goddess with a bit of a soft spot for Dawn.) until she finally reached Camp Jupiter. The Roman camp for weird ass kids with freaky powers and serious mommy and daddy issues, she used to joke with Jason. He never really liked to joke around before he met her. She misses him so much.

But now Dawn is fifteen, sixteen in October. She's gorgeous and confident and powerful and she never looses. She knows Jason Grace isn't dead, just... missing. And if she's correct, something big could be coming. Something life changing.

Or, the dumbass has a serious sleep walking problem.

           SO, when a powerful (but stupid, in Dawn's opinion.) son of Neptune accidentally blows up the Tiber river while destroying the gorgon sisters with his Barnacle Boy powers shows up with the queen of the gods, Dawn doesn't trust him. In fact, she hates him and his pretty green eyes. But she can't help the rush she gets when she messes with him.

。゚

"You two bicker like an old married couple. At this point, Frank and I are just third and fourth wheeling— hey! Dawn, Percy's wolf glaring at me again."

"Percy, we talked about this— stop wolf glaring at Hazel!"

"Make me."

"Look at what you started Haz, now we'll never get out of here."

"Frank, I won't hesitate to throw Percy's half dead pillow pet at you!"

"Don't you dare, Amore."

"Hmm, I love it when you threaten me, Jackson."

"i hate you."

"the feeling's mutual, Water Boy."

this is :

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐍!

note:

you don't understand how badly
i want dawn to paint percy's nails
black so they can be the cute
skater couple.
also first chapter sorta!