VIII.

~ k i l l e r q u e e n ~

GUARANTEED TO BLOW YOUR MIND
ANYTIME.

                  DAWN DECIDED THAT SHE ACTUALLY REALLY DIDN'T LIKE BLEEDING OUT OF HER ABDOMEN

          DAWN DECIDED THAT SHE ACTUALLY REALLY DIDN'T LIKE BLEEDING OUT OF HER ABDOMEN. she didn't like feeling so weak, she didn't like all the people touching her—force feeding her nectar and ambrosia, and she especially didn't like how small she felt in Percy-fish boy-Jackson's arms.

Dawn gazed at her fellow campers. She smiled a little in glee. Kids with blood smeared on their faces clapped each other on the back with friendly smiles as children of Apollo tended to their wounds. She realized that Roman's thirst for blood brought them all together, in a way.

But not with Percy. He didn't act roman. He wasn't like everyone else at camp. Even Hazel, the pacifist thirsted for war in some way.

Percy just wanted a good time. Dawn would give it to him.

In a platonic way... of course.

"Hey, speedy." Percy tentatively bumped his shoulder with hers. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her.

"Don't call me speedy, Nemo."

Hazel and Frank gave each other deadpan looks at how stupid they sounded. Surrounded by four year olds in teen bodies.

After many pained grunts from Dawn, and many complaints, Percy had scooped her up into his arms and carried her to the Field of Mars.

I'm not going to let you walk when you've just been stabbed, stupid. Was Percy's excuse which resulted in an eye roll and a light slap from Dawn.

Thankfully, he hadn't asked much about her powers. But the stupid Fish Boy insisted on calling her his Speedy.

Dawn fought the childish grin that tempted to spread across her illuminating features.

"What would you like me to call you then... Dawn." He tilted his head down at her, a stupid smirk pulling at his features as he winked playfully.

Dawn rolled her eyes and flicked his nose with a sarcastic smile. "I really hate you, you know that?"

"The feeling is mutual." He flashed her a sarcastic smile in return, then tightened his grip slightly on her thighs as she looked away.
In Percy's defense, she had been slipping slightly, and despite her wounds healing mostly, he just wouldn't let her be set on the dirty grass. Not when she'd saved his life.

He glanced down at her face for a small moment, and his tensed brows softened slightly. There was just something about her that caused a wave of calm to wash over him, a slight tugging feeling in his gut when he touched her soft skin.
It was similar to the feeling he got around bodies of water. A gut feeling.