VI.

~ e v e r y b o d y t a l k s ~

IT STARTED WITH A WHISPER,
AND THAT WAS WHEN I KISSED HER
AND THEN SHE MADE MY LIPS HURT.

          DAWN'S ROSY PINK LIPS PULLED INTO AN AMUSED SMIRK AS SHE WATCHED THE NERVOUS DEMIGODS SHIFT UNDER HER SLIGHTLY SEDUCTIVE GAZE

DAWN'S ROSY PINK LIPS PULLED INTO AN AMUSED SMIRK AS SHE WATCHED THE NERVOUS DEMIGODS SHIFT UNDER HER SLIGHTLY SEDUCTIVE GAZE. Usually, invoking mild fear in some of her peers would be off limits—being praetor and all, but for some eerie reason, Dawn had a feeling that something as petty as intimidating her campers for fun wouldn't matter much a few days from now.

Unintentionally, Dawn found herself filtering throughout the crowds looking for a certain Water Boy.

Definitely would not be surprised if he turned up late to his own induction. What a Fish Brain.

Dawn's smile slowly turned into a grimace at this thought. She was the camp's leader. She couldn't afford to think of Percy at the moment. She couldn't do that to Reyna, who had basically devoted her entire existence into being praetor.

She needed to stop thinking about him and his smile.

Everyone was dressed for war. Their polished chain mail and greaves gleamed over their purple T-shirts and jeans. The bloodthirsty smiles exploded on their faces once Reyna had finally raised her hands to silence the mindless chatter.

Dawn spotted her best friend Kara Pierce talking in hushed tones with Octavian who had an unsettling smirk on his face. Dawn's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

Why was her best friend evil smirking with the scary Octopus boy?

Dawn tugged softly on Reyna's long sleeved purple shirt to get her attention.

Reyna sent her a questioning look as if to say: what now, D? i'm im the middle of unintentionally scaring the shit out of every living thing at this camp with my cool badass daughter of Bellona glares.

Dawn furrowed her eyebrows and nodded slightly towards the two sickly looking blondes. She was too confused to send Reyna a snarky response. Something Reyna picked up on.

Dawn frowned deeply when Reyna only sent a deadpan look in response: She's on his side.

Reyna studied Dawn's parted pouty lips for a moment before squeezing her forearm lightly. Dawn didn't have to say much for Reyna to understand.
They were so close, they could read each other like clockwork.

Reyna gracefully turned and got on her pegasus Scipio—nicknamed Skippy because Dawn really loved peanut butter and liked the fact that such a scary horse could be such a softie to some.

"Hazel Levesque," Reyna called, knocking Dawn out from her slight trance. "so glad you could join us."

Hazel knew better than to respond to Reyna, but loosened up when she saw the big grin Dawn sent her.