II.

~ g r e e k t r a g e d y ~
★彡

SHE HITS LIKE ECSTASY,
SO FREE UP THE CHEEPER SEATS,
HERE COMES A GREEK TRAGEDY.

         THE TALL BOY HAD JET BLACK HAIR, STRIKING SEA GREEN EYES, A TROUBLEMAKER GRIN, AND ABS FOR DAYS

THE TALL BOY HAD JET BLACK HAIR, STRIKING SEA GREEN EYES, A TROUBLEMAKER GRIN, AND ABS FOR DAYS. If she were a normal teenage girl, maybe she would have made a blushed or made a flirty comment. But Dawn wasn't normal, and she certainly would not hit on the guy who just blew up her camp's river. Especially not one she didn't trust.

... Okay, so maybe she found his stupid water powers slightly cool.

Dawn shared a glance with her fellow praetor, Reyna. Reyna never really showed emotions, but Dawn could tell she was conflicted. Almost as if she'd met the strange boy before and was struggling not to sucker punch him in front of the entire camp. But, there was also another gleam in her eyes. Something like... hope? Dawn made a mental note to interrogate the brown eyed girl later.

In her peripheral vision, though, she could practically feel Kara Pierce's smirk as she looked the newcomer up and down. Dawn wasn't usually a very judgmental person when it came to relationships, her having a rather... experimental track record, and don't get her wrong, she loved Kara. But she felt almost uncomfortable for the green eyed boy who had to deal with her friend's piercing (no pun intended.) stare.

Dawn met eyes with him. His ever changing sea green eyes were confused. Not scared, stormy. As if he had gone through and seen far, far worse than what had happened. It was kinda hot.

His eyes were as piercing as Dawn's were challenging. They wouldn't back down from this staring contest anytime soon. It was like two lions in a den studying each other, waiting to see who would make the first move. Though, not exactly waiting to attack. More like... observing... admiring, maybe.

The surrounding campers, Reyna included, watched intensely. Waiting for a sign of weakness from either of them. In Rome, no one would die for one another. There were no such things as honorable sacrifices, only soldiers who could show no weakness. In the end, it was every person for themselves.

The Romans were spectators, and they were taught to love and cherish only the deadliest entertainment. A harmatia of the people, in Dawn's eyes.

"Ah, yes. You'll have such fun together!" The old lady laughed in delight, a knowing twinkle in her eye as she began to glow. She grew until she was a shining, seven foot tall goddess with a cloak that looked like goat's skin.

Dawn could vaguely hear a couple of fawn's whimper and chew their tin cans nervously. Dawn was smart enough to finally avert her gaze as she would rather not be vaporized before her sixteenth birthday. It would totally suck to peak in sophomore year!