XV.

~ s w e e t e m o t i o n ~
★彡

SHE'S A WOMAN THAT'S ON
YOUR MIND.

           DAWN COULD FEEL THE SMALL DROPLETS ON THE TALL GRASS KISS HER ARMS AS SHE RAN

           DAWN COULD FEEL THE SMALL DROPLETS ON THE TALL GRASS KISS HER ARMS AS SHE RAN. One foot after the other. Her breaths in and out at a strong pace. She could feel Percy's hand held tightly on her hand and waist, gripping them like his life depended on it. And in some ways, it did.

As they got closer to the convenience store that sprouted rainbows at monsters, Dawn had begun to feel a knot in her stomach. A deep feeling that she normally only felt when something was coming—a monster.

She shared a knowing glance with Frank, and pushed Hazel and Percy in front of them. Hazel shouting a few profanities as Percy's weight topped her for a moment.

"Go!" Frank yelled to Dawn as they neared the porch.

"No, asshole. I wont leave you!" Dawn gripped Frank's elbow tightly as he rolled his eyes slightly.

"You act like I'm going to die." Dawn only shook her head, and blew a piece of soft dark hair out of her face.

The moonlight spread across her features, caressing the sides of her cheeks and arms. From his vertigo state, Percy dimly acknowledged the pretty shine in Dawn's eyes, and the slight smudge of her black eyeliner. Hazel and him were leaning on each other from the front steps of the convenience store, and despite it all, he smirked sarcastically when he met eyes with her concerned (she would never admit this) face.

Hopefully, they wouldn't get blown up by the rainbow goddess before Percy could kiss her again—platonically, of course.

Frank nocked an arrow while Dawn got out her enchanted blades, their weapons illuminating the grass and monster.

And there it was. Sitting in a patch of withered yellow grass was a lime colored snake as short and as thick as Frank's arm. Its head was ringed with a mane of spiky white fins. The ugly creature stared at the arrow zipping by as if wondering, What the hell is that, and why are these random ass kids looking at me?

Dawn thought the creature was kind of cute...

Then it fixed its large, yellow eyes on her and advanced rapidly like a worm, hunching up in the middle. Wherever it touched, the grass withered up and died.

Dawn decided she really didn't think the creature was that cute anymore.

Frank and Dawn gave each other steady nods, their eyes holding a fire. A fire born from war and victory. Dawn wouldn't loose this fight, and neither would Frank.

"Nice creepy reptile," Frank said, his arm holding tightly to his front pocket? "Nice poisonous, fire-breathing reptile."

"Guys!" Hazel yelled frantically behind them. "Come on!"