IX.

~ h e r o e s -

AND WE CAN BE HEROES
JUST FOR ONE DAY.

          DAWN WAS ONE PROTECTIVE BITCH WHEN IT CAME TO HER FRIENDS AND CAMPERS

          DAWN WAS ONE PROTECTIVE BITCH WHEN IT CAME TO HER FRIENDS AND CAMPERS. She just couldn't let anything bad happen to them. One of her greatest fears was seeing Reyna, Hazel, Jason, or Frank in pain. Dawn was utterly terrified that her fear might have come true for her flying blonde best friend. And despite the fact that she got to become praetor in his absence, she sometimes felt empty in the face of her victory. A strange, new feeling for the daughter of Victoria, and bitter to the core nonetheless.

So, you can imagine how Dawn felt when the entire camp hears some random ass booming voice warning about death loosing its hold.

Campers drew weapons as Dawn moved swiftly to the front of the group. Her eyes squinted gently in a protective way and she blew a stray piece of raven hair from her cheek, completely aware of the son of Neptune following her every move.

"I know that voice," Percy whispered, his eyebrows scrunching up in tension as sweat lined his jaw.

"Of course you do." Dawn rolled her eyes and brushed her shoulder with his softly.

In the midst of the legion, a column of fire blasted into the air. Heat seared the stuffy, mid summer air sending a gust of warm, chaotic wind straight through Dawn's dark windswept hair.
She licked her lips gently before breathing out a small, barely heard sigh. The warm breeze brought a gentle sense of comfort in the chilly night.

Percy sent her a weird look she only flashed a small, sarcastic smile in return before he pouted jokingly and curled a strand of her hair around his long finger.

He was grinning now.

Dawn smiled softly to herself when she knew he couldn't see. She decided she didn't totally hate when he was close to her.

Everyone scrambled backwards as a huge soldier stepped out of the explosion. Dawn stood her ground, hands clenched.

The soldier was 10 feet tall, dressed in Canadian Forces desert camouflage. He radiated confidence and power. His black hair was cut in a flat topped wedge which surprisingly looked just like Frank's. His face was angular and brutal, marked with old knife scars. His eyes were covered with aviator sunglasses that glowed from inside. He wore a utility belt with a sidearm, a knife holster, and several grenades. In his hands it was an oversized M-16 rifle.

Dawn thought it was kinda hot. A little too manly and muscular for her taste, but hot nonetheless.

Dawn studied the god, then noticed Percy and Reyna on both sides of her. Reyna with a calculating glint in her eyes, and her parted, deep rose lips. And Percy, with his slightly amused expression, eyebrows raised sarcastically and all, and his hand dangerously close to Dawn's in a sensual way.