t w e l v e

A/N - I would firstly like to start off by saying thank you guys for 500 reads it honestly means the world to me. I also would like to thank tomfeltonswife69 and lavieenbellle for the continuous support they give me on every single chapter <3

Without further a do, let's continue with this chapter!
____________________________

"Dwaco is my daddy?" Lyra began to ask.

"Yes, sweetie, he is." I spoke as I knelt down next to her and rubbed her hair. I looked up at Draco and he placed a hand on my shoulder.

Lyra, unsure of where to look, switched between Draco and I, before settling on him, "Are- are you weally my daddy?" She asked again. Draco knelt down next to me and looked at me for a second, yet only one second was how long it took for me to be mesmerised by his eyes once again.

He nodded, "Yes my angel." He gave her a friendly smile and she ran into his arms.

She wrapped her tiny arms round him as tightly as possible, as if he would run away,  and he returned the gesture.

A tear was brought to my eye and I dabbed it away with tissues that were handily placed on the kitchen counter. I looked at the pair hugging in the living room and I had one of those rare moments. There's no way to truly explain it, but you feel filled with love and happiness but it's more than just love and happiness . You feel complete.

*Beep Beep Beep*

"Pizza's ready." I said whilst heading to the oven. I heard loud footsteps behind me and turned to find Draco walking over with Lyra still clung to him. I giggled to myself and brought the pizzas out of the oven.
_______________________________

We all sat on the couch munching away at our pizzas as we watched Beauty and the Beast. Draco sat next to me and Lyra was on his lap, stealing some bites of his pizza too.

Unfortunately, before we knew it, the movie had ended all too soon.

"Alright honey, bed time." I said whilst I gathered up all the plates and moved them onto the kitchen countertop. I walked back into the living room to find Lyra whispering into Draco's ear. I raised my eyebrow, "And what are you two talking about then?" I asked as I sat back down next to Draco. They both looked at each other then Lyra nodded.

"Well. The general and I were just discussing a certain bed time story. Her demand is for us both to tuck her in and read her one..." he paused as Lyra began to whisper in his ear again, "ah, I see." he spoke back to her, "No exceptions! The general is saying."

"Oh really now?" I replied, crossing my arms, "Well. I suppose that might be doable if she changes into her pyjamas without fighting with Mummy." Lyra nodded in excitement and hopped off the couch to sprint to her room. I giggled as I watched her little toddler legs carry her as fast as they could before turning to Draco. We smiled at each other before he spoke.

"Lyra really takes after you. The way she talks so maturely for a three year old and how she's so incredibly stubborn."

"Hey!" I pushed his shoulder and we shared a laugh, "I am not that stubborn." I stated but Draco gave me a yes-you-are-and-you-know-it look which caused me to roll my eyes dramatically at him.

"Well," I began, "She has your temper." I laughed as I recalled all the fights over the TV and the play-park.

Draco's mouth opened in disgust, "I do not have a temper, Granger." He frowned and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Malfoy." He smirked and he began to move closer. And closer. And closer. He placed his hand on my cheek and I leaned in further until we were only inches apart. I was about to close the distance until...

"MUMMY!" I heard call from the other room. I pulled back and awkwardly stood up.

That was close.

"I should probably go help her..." I headed towards my daughters room leaving a confused Draco on the couch.

I helped Lyra get dressed and she ran out to get Draco. He carried her into her bed and wrapped her in the covers, then placing a small kiss on her head. He sat next to me on the bed and I began to read to her...
_______________________________

"And they all lived happily ever after. The end." I looked to the small girl in the bed to find her looking at the pictures in the book still then turned my head to the blonde that had rested his head on my shoulder as he was about to drift off to sleep too.

After a while of talking to one another, I finally stood up and kissed my daughters forehead, "Goodnight angel." I spoke in a soft voice.

"Goodnight mummy." The toddler spoke sleepily.

I waited at the door of her room for Draco, and watched him as he placed a gentle kiss on her head too.

"Goodnight my princess." Draco said with a smile. He turned to meet me at the door.

"Goodnight daddy." Draco looked at me with a huge smile on his face. He turned around, "What did y-." He cut off as he saw Lyra was already fast asleep in her bed.

Without notice Draco picked me up, hugging me, and spun me around the living room. I was laughing but trying to stay as quiet as possible in order to not wake up Ly.

"She called me her dad!" Draco loudly whispered in excitement before placing me back down on the ground with his hands still around my waist. I smiled at him before placing my hand on his cheek.

Hermione, what are you doing? I thought to myself, but I didn't care.

He pulled me in closer and finally, we kissed.

-1035
_______________________________

Sorry this chapter was a little shorter, but yay! They finally kissed! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day <3