f o u r t e e n

A/N - I would like to begin again by saying thank you so much for 1K reads! I never thought I would ever make it this far but I'm really happy you guys are enjoying this so much! I really appreciate all the love and support I'm receiving <3
____________________________

"Draco, you're crazy. We can't go right now. I don't have a babysitter for Lyra and I have nothing to wear!" I stated with my hands still in his.

"Honey, I'm sure Potter and Weaslette would be more than happy to look after Lyra for a while and you most definitely have a dress or something that you could wear, and if not, you look gorgeous anyway." He kissed my forehead which instantly made me feel warm and I could feel the place his lips had kissed begin to buzz.

"How about you take me out another night?" I said whilst looking down at our interlocked hands.

"What if I don't want to take you out another night?" He chucked and I hit his arm.

"Malfoy you are such a prat." I laughed along with him.

"Tomorrow then?" He asked as he rubbed circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I nodded and smiled. My lips began to ache for his mouth on mine so I began to lean in, letting confidence take over me, but he moved away, "No, you didn't want to go out with me tonight, so no kisses until tomorrow." He teased and I untangled our hands.

"Fine then." I huffed in a jokingly way, "Take away for dinner tonight?" I asked before getting my phone. He nodded and I handed him the menu.
_______________________________

I laid in bed that night with a million thoughts rushing through my head.

I love that we are all becoming a family but I also don't know how committed Draco is. What if he hurt Lyra? What is he hurts me? Can I even see a future with him? Do I even want a future with him? I should cancel tomorrow, I need to think this through. I- I just need time to process everything. Lyra would be crushed if Draco leaves.

I fell asleep with a tear running down my cheek...
_______________________________

"Ginny, I don't know what to do!" I called Ginny the second I woke up that morning and explained the thoughts I'd had that night.

"Mione, I think you are over thinking this a bit." She explained, "Look, if Malfoy wanted to leave then he would of left by now. He's been with you and Lyra for what? Two months now? He's had many opportunities to leave and he's still stuck around. And, by the sounds of it, he has a little thing for you." I scoffed into the phone. I knew she was right and she knew it too.

"I- I guess you have a point." I admitted.

"Mhmm, of course I do. I'm always right." She boasted. I giggled to myself and rolled my eyes.

"Sure, you keep thinking that Ginny." We both laughed and talked for a while longer until Lyra woke up, "Okay, thats her up. I'll talk to you once I'm back." I hung up the phone and headed towards Lyra's room.

"Good morning angel." I picked her up and out of her crib. She snuggled into me and laid her head on my chest before I brought her through to the kitchen to get her some breakfast. I sat her in her high-chair and prepared some toast for the both of us.

"So, auntie Ginny is coming over tonight to look after you for a while." I said with a smile as I grabbed the toast out of the toaster and began to butter the hot, golden-brown toast.

"Yay!" She cheered and I placed the cut toast in a small plastic plate, "Where are you going?" The inquisitive little girl asked.

"Uhm.. well. Me and your Daddy are going out to eat." I cleared my throat before continuing to eat my toast.

"Do you and Daddy love each other?" My eyes opened so much that they almost came out of their socket. No, I didn't love him, that would be unrealistic, we haven't known each other that long and I'm already having doubts that he's going to leave. I was unsure of what to say but thankfully the kettle boiled just in time so I went up to get the kettle and swiftly moved the conversation on.
_______________________________

It was around 7pm so Draco would be here soon. I wore a red dress that had a long slit down the side. Personally, I think it was a bit too sexy for me but Ginny insisted I wore it.

Ginny also helped me straighten my hair and apply a light amount of make up, nothing crazy

Ginny also helped me straighten my hair and apply a light amount of make up, nothing crazy. I paired my dress with some black heels and gold jewellery and a black clutch bag.

I stepped out of the room after getting changed an was met with gasps.

"Hemione...wow." Ginny said with her hand clasped over her mouth.

"Mummy looks like a princess!" Lyra shouted as she ran up and hugged my legs.

"I- I don't know. I think its too much." I said whilst looking down at the top of Lyra's head.

"Hermione Jean Granger. You look absolutely breathtaking and you will most definitely send that ferre- Malfoy into a stroke once he sees you!" She spoke like she was running a military camp. I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself. All the thoughts from last night came rushing back and I started to panic. I struggled to control my breathing.

"Hey, hey, hey. Hermione. Its going to be okay." She took my hand and I nodded. I began to calm down my breathing before I had complete control again. Lyra still had a tight hold on my leg until the door knocked. She leaf and ran to the door as she knew Draco would enter. Ginny gave me a you-can-do-this look before giving me a tight, comforting hug.

Thank you I mouthed as I heard the happy squeals of Lyra as Draco most likely spoiled her with hugs and kisses. The thought brought a small smile to my face. Draco's footsteps began to get louder before I could tell he was right round the corner. Ginny quickly ran up to him just behind the corner and took Lyra away into another room. I began to panic again slightly but quickly got it under control. I saw his dark, black, shiny shoes come round the corner. I slowly looked up to see his dark green, tight-fit trousers and then his white, button up shirt that was tucked into the green trousers. The sleeves were rolled up 3/4 and it showed off his biceps perfectly.  His hair hung loose around his face, just like it was in 5th year and I could smell his trademark apple and amber-wood sent. He made me fall weak to my knees just by looking at him.

"I take back what I said."

What does that mean? Does he not want to be with us anymore? Is he going to leave us?

"W-what?" I asked and could feel tears beginning to reach my eyes.

"Red is definitely your colour." A flirtatious smirk made its way onto his face and I rolled my eyes and laughed whilst I began to blink the tiny tears away, "You look absolutely amazing Hermione." He said as he began to move closer to me. I smiled as he brought his hand up to my cheek and he leaned in for a kiss.

As soon as his tender lips reached mine I felt fireworks. I felt like I was floating on clouds and all the doubts and thoughts I had been obsessing over earlier disappeared. His tongue grazed my bottom lip asking for entry and I allowed it. I tangled my hand in his hair and he moved his hands from my cheek to my waist.

We both pulled away as the need for air became too strong. He held his hand out like a gentleman, "Well, Granger?" I rolled my eyes as he used my last name but nevertheless I took his hand. Even the small touches between us set me alight. We headed to the door and he opened it for me.

Well. No going back now.

-1406