o n e

I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS THEY ALL BELONG TO JK ROWLING
____________________________

One year after the war...

Hermione Jean Granger. A name everyone in Hogwarts knows. She's the renowned "Teachers Pet" , "Know-it-all" or more commonly the "Goody Two Shoes" of Hogwarts. Now a young and beautiful lady she had an apartment, in London, on her own and worked as a primary school teacher in Applsebray Primary as she hoped to leave all magic behind after the war.

Hermione woke up that Saturday morning to an owl at her window, "Hogwarts?" She said as she begun to unseal the envelope. She pulled out the letter and began to read.
_______________________________

Dear Miss Granger,

Hogwarts would like to welcome you, and many other individuals, to a night of reunions in order to celebrate exactly 10 years marking the end of the war. This event will take place this Friday as we hope that should give you enough time to buy a ball gown and prepare yourself for the night's events. Bring your gown to Hogwarts as you shall get changed here and also bring a spare change of clothes as you shall be staying overnight. We hope to see you at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry at 8pm sharp.

 We hope to see you at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry at 8pm sharp

Minerva McGonagall
_______________________________

Hermione stared at the letter for a few more seconds, taking it all in. Does she really want to return to the wizarding world?

"I have until Friday to think about it." She muttered allowed as she headed to the bathroom to tame her lion's mane.

After returning from the daily battle of "Let's try not break another hairbrush" she glanced at her alarm clock. It read 10am, "Damnit! I'm late!" She cursed under her breath. She grabbed the nearest clothes to her and quickly got dressed with a toothbrush in her mouth.

She scurried out of her apartment and headed for the local café "The Old Coffee Shop".
(yeah... not the most creative name)
Once she had reached the entrance she heard the usual clatter of the bells as they rung above her and glanced around the shop.

"Hermione, over here!" The young man shot up his hand in the air and waved. He got up from his seat as she started to head towards him. The man kissed her on the cheek.

"Sorry I'm late, Andrew." She spoke softly as she took her seat across from him. He already ordered her a coffee; black, just the way she liked it.

"It's alright honey, you're here now." He said with a smile.

Hermione met Andrew at her primary school. No, he was not a parent (or a pupil thank god) but he was a teacher. She first saw him on her second week working at the school, and ever since then they had become inseparable. Before they knew it they started dating. Only a few months ago though.They got along well and they kept each other happy. Little did Hermione know what true happiness felt like...

They began to involve themselves in some small talk, Hermione not even hiding the fact she despised this, before he finally cleared his throat as if to make an announcement...

"So, darling... I've been thinking." Andrew said. Truth be told, Hermione was a bit nervous as she was prone to overthinking things. She caught herself in a spiral. What was he going to say? Was he breaking up with her? No, don't be silly. Right?

"What have you been thinking about?" Hermione asked in anticipation. She was stressed out and started twiddling with her thumbs under the formica table.

"Well... I think we should move in together." He finally said. Hermione sat frozen in her seat and she did the only thing she thought she could do. She grabbed for her coffee cup, and finished it within seconds, world record time.

"Oh." She finally said. It's all she could say. Though she was keeping silent, her mind was full of thoughts.

This is far too soon. What is he thinking? We've not been dating too long and now he wants to move in? By next week we will probably be engaged!

"Oh?" He replied, "What is "Oh" supposed to mean?" He asked as he grabbed her hand from across the table. Andrew begun to give her some sort of look as if she had just ran over a puppy.

"Well... you know Andrew. We really haven't known each other for that long. It's a bit soon, don't you think?" Hermione stole her hand away from his and proceeded to play with her fingers under the table once again. She looked up to see a hurt and betrayed Andrew.

"Oh." He said. It was all he could say.

"Oh?" She copied.

"I think I should go." And with that. Andrew left a lonely Hermione sitting on her chair attempting to drink from her empty coffee mug. At least he paid the bill.

-866

———————————————————————

Hey! I hope u enjoyed this first chapter. I know we haven't even seen Draco yet but I'm building up a backstory just now to allow you to become more connected to the characters. Sorry if this was a bit of a disappointment. Please vote and comment as it really does mean a lot to me :) bye <3