3: My Hero

Lexi

[Chapter 3: My Hero]

Tomorrow night will be the blast night at Jake's, luckily, the afternoon classes are suspended because Redfield annual facilities inspection would take place, that is why Grace had the idea to go dress shopping and have a girl-lunch-out.

I'm feeling the awkward night I will be having with Grace, because she probably would tag Lucas along with her. I can't afford to be a third wheel on the first party of the school year! However, I still can't believe Jake's words. Why did he think of me going out with Carter? Did everyone thought the same? Shoot, my life is a huge mess.

As soon as the lunch bell rang - this now meant as 'last bell', Mrs. Guffrey's class was instantly vacated.

"Wow, it seems like everyone is doing a late dress shopping." Grace stated while standing up from her seat.

I shrugged, "So where will you look for your dress? Citygate?" Citygate is the largest mall in town, it holds from clothing boutiques to restaurants - fine dining to fast foods.

Walking towards the door, "I guess? or we could just go downtown?

And there's this place they call Ron's Pizzeria, they say it's really good, let's go try it?"

The hallway to our locker was filled with students talking about the big party tomorrow night.

"Okay, let's go downtown!" I exclaimed as we reached our lockers.

Pressed my code, placed my books and grabbed my bag to my shoulder.

I turned to Grace and waited as she gets busy on her bunch of books, yep she is one kind of a nerdy girl. And I wonder why she still managed to fail two subjects last year. Hmm

"Are you sure you're not getting any dress for tomorrow?" she asked, slamming her locker shut. "No, it's a waste of money. I got a whole lot dozens of them at home."

She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms on her chest "You've already worn those Lexi, do you want anyone to notice that you wear a dress twice?"

Here she is, being the 'we-need-new-clothes-not-use-them-twice-caus-we're-hot-and-sizzling.' As if we're billionaire's who can afford to buy new designer clothes every day.

My family is not poor but we are not rich as well; and I want to go to college, this means that I need to lessen my expenses - and a dress is one to be eliminated.

However, I was still left by a couple of dresses I haven't worn all my life and it's stuffed in my closet for years.

Grace, just like the whole school knows I'm good friends with Dior before, but she doesn't know our secret codes and rules as a clique. I can't even imagine I'm the girl who buys dress for parties even though I already have countless.

My priority changed a whole lot... better?

"Then I can use the ones I wore when we were in sophomore, I guess they won't even remember that or even mind on what we're wearing, as a matter of fact." I snapped and started to pace down the corridors as Grace followed suit. I don't really like revealing my old self. In fact, it's pretty cool to be an average school girl.

"What I mean, this is senior year, we need to have the most perfect get-up tomorrow. The star of the night! You know what I'm saying?" I spotted Grace's Honda Jazz in the middle of the parking lot and strode leaving Grace mumbling something I didn't get to hear.

"Go on and get busy with your get up, Grace. You don't have to burden yourself of me." I walked straight to the passenger seat without bothering to say anymore words.