11: A Night To Remember

Lexi

[Chapter 11: A Night To Remember]

I wore my selected piece particularly a white top, red skinnies paired with my favorite peach gladiator-like sandals.

Julia was busy for her project as said by Ems, so she isn't going to make it, gladly her brother, Jax, will and he will be arriving anytime soon.

Emery in her 'cool kids don't dance' shirt outfit was long gone with both Liam and Jake. It is guaranteed that red mustang will be full of good laughs with those two guys present, but I rather waited for Jackson - certainly uneasy in my part but who cares. I was the one who invited him anyways.

The doorbell didn't buzzed but a honk indicated that my ride is here.

Spraying a good amount of my Incanto shine perfume, I grabbed my black sling purse and waddled down to the front porch yelling my mom a goodbye, "Mom, I'm out"

Anna shouted from the living room before I shut the door, "Don't forget the 10pm curfew"

I didn't need to reply and sashayed to the infamous white Lexus.

My dad, Vince, was the law maker in our roof, those curfews and grounded terms are his calls. Anna, the loving wife that she is, abided with the norms but not the blackout of course.

I gently slid in the passenger seat and drank Jax's image. He is striking in those casual grey shirt and dark washed jeans.

"Hey you're late" I said as a greeting. He messaged me thirty minutes ago that he is on his way, for all I know he is caught in traffic on his posh village. Note the sarcasm.

He faced me and shrugged, "At least I came"

I was taken aback by his expressionless reaction, is he in a bad mood? I shifted on my seat awkwardly and look at the window, not wanting to make things more uncomfortable.

A second later, Jax drove away from our front deck. The ride was deafeningly silent, but I didn't let my uneasiness show and just gazed out the night lights.

He shouldn't be like this later or else this night is one of the worst nights of my life.

No one will ever enjoy a carnival with a moody company, I am no difference.

However, the stillness which I hardly endure was broken by my phone's vibration - how quiet are we?

"Ems" I answered.

"Where are you guys?" The carnival was loud and my sister is shouting above it all.

"Uhm, we're close" I uncertainly replied.

I know where the carnival is, but the traffic is telling me that we'll be a little later.

An audible sigh came as Jake's voice invaded my ears, "Alli my girl! Meet us inside the fair alright? The team is itching to take some rides"

"Its fine, I'll phone you when we arrive" I tried to lessen my volume.

"Good good" Again the gentleman disconnected the call in a heartbeat.

I put my mobile back to my pocket, "Are we close by?" not eyeing the boy behind the wheel.

"Yeah, I took the shortcut" he uttered with more cordiality making me twitch a small smile.

Little did I know that we've reached the destination, Jax parked the car on the crowded lot full of teenagers and children who are looking for a nice getaway.

The place was huge, with that large sign that says - Frozenland with Elsa and Anna as decoration.

Jax took the keys out and eyed me taking me out from my reverie, "Let's go"