5: Dress to Impress

Lexi

[Chapter 5: Dress to Impress]

Tonight was breezy and the wind blows my teased fringe and straight jet-black medium length hair behind my back. I shivered from the cold gust, this huge ship is awesome. A majestic glassy cruise ship was floating opposite the deck.

Woah, the Tres-es are really something, I thought, waiting for Ems to step out our brand new, about 5 hours old silver 2014 Volvo s60 t5, Yep, Vincent finally bought us a new car with better ability to face any collision. Note the sarcasm.

Tres Records is where my father works for 20 years now; he is the Chief Marketing Director of the recording company which was active since 30 years ago.

All I know was in every span of its ten year anniversary; they organize a grand celebration which astounds the whole entertainment industry.

Damn, I'm all fidgety. I closed my hand in knuckles and thinned my lips. This is my first time to attend to Tres' party, last decade - I was left home with Emery and our loving babysitter, Hilda. I don't know how to act with all these famous people and what to expect in them.

My parents went in about half an hour earlier for the venue from the time Emery and I left house for some issues. I held to my silvery clutch as Ems moved beside me and walk on the red carpet that extends toward the cruise's entrance. I glanced at Emery, her brunette hair was curled to perfection and swooped to her right side, and she plastered her toothy smile for the massive media around us - snapping pictures.

I mirrored her smile and breathe deeply inhaling the salty scent of California's Newport Beach. "This is incredible! I feel like a Hollywood star!" Emery exclaimed as we reached the center of the carpet walk.

"I know right! This is so cool!" I said and chuckled lightly as we reached the steps leading to the cruise's entrance.

I stopped my pace and turned around to take a last look on the glamorous red carpet, I gagged as I spotted Taylor Swift in a white beaded gown swaying up the aisle we just went through.

"Ems! Look! She's so pretty! And super tall!" I shrieked and held Emery's arm. Emery glanced back, "Woah! This is going to be a long night for both of us!"

As a white Aston Martin Vanquish Volante pulled over the other end of the red carpet, the photographers and reporters clamored and started directing their attention to the car that stayed closed.

Who might be the person in that luxurious car? As if hearing my thoughts, a voice answered, "The Tres' heir might have come tonight after all." I glanced at the person and gaped the second time around.

My idol smiled at me. OMG! Taylor Swift just smiled at me! I returned a shaky smile and gulped. Emery kept silent and led me inside the ship's board. Whew! That was close. I would have pee-d my dress if I stayed there for more than a second.

My sister and I wandered on the yacht's sides; it was fully lit with yellow lights that made the venue edge more elegant and sophisticating. Finding the doorway on the indoor tables, I opened my clutch and rummaged my phone.

"I'll just call mom and tell her we're here." I muttered to Ems as she sat on one of the tables near the glass door. She nodded, "Good." and scanned the room.

I waited for three rings then mom picked up, "Hey honey! Where are you guys?" I could see the smile in her voice as she spoke. "We're already here, uh, we just entered the indoor tables." I explained.

"Great, your dad and I are also here, face the stage and we're on the second table on the right side. Got it sweetie?" she instructed. My eyes swept the stage and fortunately, I saw them.