4: She's My Sister

Lexi

[Chapter 4: She's My Sister]

"I want something sweet." I complained. It was Saturday morning, the freedom day of all teenagers like me but this day was different, boredom devours me.

"Let's go get some!" Emery exclaimed, "I'll go get dressed."

I nodded, "Okay" she then hopped to the bathroom and locked the door while I went down the living room to wait for Emery.

Vincent was seated on the sofa watching television. "Hey, dad! No work today?" I sat on the couch next to him. Ohh, Walking Dead is playing. "Nah, because tomorrows the big day. My boss gave this a free day for everyone, hun." And continued, "so, have you gotten a dress yet?"

A dress? For what? I furrowed my eyebrows, "Huh? What for?"

"Tomorrow's the Tres Records' 3rd Decade Grand Celebration, I already told you right? Don't tell me you're not ready for it yet. I gave it a week ago to let you and Emery find a formal wear."

OMG. I totally forgot the big celebration of the recording company my father works for. My jaw dropped not knowing what to utter next.

I was consumed by full shock that I didn't heard Emery's footsteps nearing the living room. "You have told us dad, Lex might have forgotten it. Don't worry I got the money I saved to buy mine and maybe Lex could tag along." She explained leaning on the door frame.

"That's good to hear," dad faced me, "go along now, buy a long one alright?" Emery and I both nodded in response.

As we were approaching the front door, I nudged and whispered to Emery "I just got money enough for desert." She smiled, "I know, the dress is on me." We stepped out and walked our way to Mrs. Hopkins' bakery - Cruffle Trinkles.

I pushed the door entering the bakery, the smell of cinnamon and coffee was invading my nostrils. Oh how I hate cinnamons. We continued to the cashier, and I read quietly the menu choosing what would satisfy my sweet cravings.

"Good Morning, Welcome to Cruffle Trinkes. May I take your order?" a lean black haired girl asked. I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I would want some chocolate truffles and mocha frappe please," I turned to Emery, "What do you like?"

"Uhm, blueberry cheesecake and I'll have...Uh, Mocha frappe as well." She smiled.

The girl, Lara, as her name tag shows, pressed some keys on her computer, "One choco truffles, one blueberry cheesecake and two mocha frappe, so, it's $17" I handed her my 20 bucks .

"I'll just go find a seat." Emery insisted, walking on the right part of the bakery.

"Here is the change madam." Lara said.

I swiftly wandered on the right aisle and saw Emery seated on the middle table, beside her was a blonde petite girl, may be her age or even younger. As I reached the table, Emery called out, "Lexi! Do you remember the first day of school? I told you I met a freshman right?"

"Yeah, this is the girl?" I asked and sat opposite 'freshman girl' and looked towards Emery.

"Uh-huh! And her name is Julia. Julia, she's my sister. She's a senior" my sister added. Julia smiled at me and offered her hand. In my opinion, her blue washed jeans and yellow green shirt fits this casual day.

"Hey Julia! I'm Alexis, but call me Lexi." I shook her hand and set it back on the table. I noticed Julia's red velvet cake which was untouched, though her strawberry smoothie was nearing half the cup.

"Hi! Lexi, It's nice to meet new people in school, I mean being the new girl is difficult." Julia greeted. Her eyes were glistening and her cheekbones were protruded. She was petite yet very pretty.