13: A Brit Invasion

Lexi

[Chapter 13: A Brit Invasion]

After securing my locker closed, I leaped the corridors for the comfort room where Grace is but the next turn made my books fly away from grip and I fall on my behind. "Ouch" I yelped trying to stand on my feet but failing miserably, tumbling back again.

"Sorry, here" the guy I didn't get to look at lend a hand. I took it then he helped pick up my things on the floor and asked, "Are you alright?"

He sounded different, that accent was indeed music to the ears but rather eyeing him and absorbing his features, the bell rang which made me compose myself and mumble, "Yeah, gotta go uh-sorry" I browsed my swiss army watch and sprinted to room 210 without a backward glance, astonishingly not wanting the idea of being tardy.

Grace was already seated on my armchair - my seat. Why did she sit there? Mr. Capraro stood and I hurriedly went to settle beside Grace.

"You told me to meet you at the washroom?" I alleged not minding that I didn't even set foot there earlier.

My friend lamely chuckled, "Sorry, Lucas messaged me to wait for his signal"

"What?" I asked, confused.

Grace glanced at the Spanish teacher and whispered, "He'll be arriving anytime soon, we'll have the day ditched and watch this movie"

My eyes bulged, "You remember it is still 8 in the morning, where would this movie place be at this time of the day?"

"Lexi. seriously" she sarcastically retorted, "Breakfast maybe, or I don't know like a walk in the park whatever"

Sighing I turned to the board, "Be back at lunch"

"I'm not so sure but I will try"

I glared at her and she all chortled. Oh what a girl insane.

The minute passed and boredom engulfed me, Grace was still there but the fangirl is focused on the full-packed parking lot?! Geez she is whipped, way too obsessed with that Lucas Lint.

I was doodling on my small notepad when the Spanish speaker stopped from his lectures and introduced a new boy.

The new boy, I thought. Oh the one who we stalked last night!

Curiosity killed me as I heard him state, "I'm Asher Tomas Ellis, I'll be joining this class from now on" My head slowly raise, I know that voice!, and landed on a handsome guy, he is at least 6 foot tall with large built, he gazed at me and smiled. I swallowed a lump finding it weird but tried hard to return the gesture.

Grace nudged me with a knowing stare; "He is a brit" I nodded at the fact.

"Alright find an empty seat and settle yourself down Mr. Ellis" Mr. Capraro nodded towards the class.

Asher sauntered to the backmost rows and unbelievably shotgunned the empty chair beside me not bothering the curious eyes that is either scrutinizing or fantasizing over him - boys and girls respectively.

That British accent isn't any joke; it speaks sophistication and melody even when it is used otherwise.

The eerie atmosphere is clear on me but he confidently broke the silence, "What's your name?" Then I just realized where I heard this voice, the guy I bumped to earlier.

"You're the g-" I pointed at him, literally, but he smiled making me stop mid-sentence. "Pretty much yes. Atom by the way" he connected my forefinger with his and grumbled in chortles, "A strange way of shake you have there"