Chapter 8 - Countdown

"Good morning! I can't believe you actually fell asleep before me for once, that has never happened before."

"And I can't believe you didn't hang up. My phone tells me this video chat has been going on for almost 11 hours."

"I couldn't, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fall asleep on my own. And I didn't want to try because if I would have failed, I would've had to call you again and wake you up. But you were sleeping so peacefully so I didn't dare."

"Oh okay, then thanks for not waking me up, I guess. Still feels weird knowing you watched me sleep though."

"As if you've never done that when I fell asleep!"

"Oh my god, so you admit you actually watched me sleeping? That was just a joke!"

"Umm no, I..."

"Calm down, little spoon, I was kidding! But you're blushing now, oh my god! Thanks to you not hanging up I can now finally see your cute blushing face in bright daylight!"

"Shut up!"

"Aw you're blushing even more now! I really thought I would have to wait until you're here to see that."

"Speaking of that, I've never been to Monaco when there was no race. It's probably very different then, right?"

"Worst try ever at changing the subject, little spoon! But yeah, of course, it's different. I'm looking forward to showing it to you."

"Me too."

When they eventually ended their video call, Lando felt a little guilty.
Arthur was right, he had been staring at him, while he was sleeping. He had even taken a screenshot and wrote a message because he was so amazed by the sleeping Arthur. It seemed like he was even more beautiful while sleeping and Lando only then realized how much the young Monegasque really meant to him.

 It seemed like he was even more beautiful while sleeping and Lando only then realized how much the young Monegasque really meant to him

With a sigh, Lando deleted the picture from his phone and finally got out of bed.

Last night he had originally planned to sent the photo to Arthur but now it didn't feel right anymore. It would probably come across as creepy and it would get weird between them. That was the last thing the Brit wanted.

Arthur had become such an important part in his life. Not just that he couldn't fall asleep without the other anymore. Arthur was constantly on this mind, day and night. He couldn't stop thinking about him and when he remembered that he would finally see him for real in only 4 days, he wasn't able to fight the smile spreading across his face any longer.

-

3 more sleeps until you're here, I can't believe it

me neither
I should probably start packing soon

Nah, you don't need to pack anything. I prefer you without clothes

omg did you really just write that?

Yup, no regrets ;-)

your fuckboy-status is rising again
and I don't think your family would appreciate me running around your house naked

Shit, I completely forgot about them

did you tell them I'm coming?

Yes
Well no, not directly

what now? :D

I told them somebody would come to visit, but I didn't tell them it's you

oh

I'm kinda scared of what Charles will say, I guess
I don't want him to think I'm stealing his friends or something like that

yeah, I know what you mean. I'm kinda nervous because of Charles as well

Can we just tell him together when you're here?
I think that would make it a lot easier

I guess that's the easiest way, sure

thanks <3
i think all of that would be even easier for me if I could hold your hand, is that okay too?

definitely <3

-

"I can't believe you will be here in less than 2 days!"

"Same, it feels so surreal. I can't wait."

"I want to go to the airport to pick you up right now!"

"Well, I'm afraid you'll still have to wait for a little with that."

"I can't, it almost feels like it's causing me physical pain that my arms are not around you right now."

"Yeah, I know that feeling."

"Are you blushing again?"

"Maybe."

"Damn, two days are far too long."

-

1 more sleep!!
I checked if my alarm for tomorrow morning is set about 5 times now, i think
probably won't be able to sleep anyway

One more night until i finally get to be the big spoon to my little spoon

best thing I've read all day
maybe I will be able to sleep with that on my mind after all

Even if I kiss up and down your neck and press myself against your back while we're spooning?
Even if I whisper in your ear how good it feels to finally touch you?

I'm not blushing, you're blushing!

;-)