Reaching Forks

The transactions and everything worked out well for them. The small group went to the American ministry, MASUCA and then after registering there went to Seattle which was the closest magical destination near Forks. Lyra had literally talked over the whole flight journey cause she was too excited and well, there was nothing else to do other than read and talk. Plus travelling first class meant there were less number of people in their area. After the journey in the flight an unpleasant incident occurred that spoiled Lyra's mood. A swotty muggle lady took one look at Lyra and Sirius and considered her a gold digger which highly offended and disgusted Lyra. The lady then practically started flirting with Sirius which in all honesty did not bode well with Lyra. Hermione was looking at the lady with a venomous look but she looked at Lyra and decided not to do anything after she saw the wicked and evil smirk that graced Lyra's face.

"Papa, who's the stupid bint?" Lyra said with a matter-of-fact face that made Sirius give her a wicked smile of his own. "I don't know Snowflake." he responded with a murderous glint in his eyes. The lady literally squirmed when she realised they were family but felt highly insulted when Lyra called her a stupid bint.

"Who do you think you are?" The lady asked in a irritating voice.

"Do you demand an introduction before introducing yourself? What poor manners." Lyra simply drawled and looked bored as she checked her nails.

"Why you..." the lady could not continue as Lyra practically dragged Sirius and Hermione away and left the lady. "Run away to your daddy you stupid little girl." The lady taunted and Lyra turned around. Hermione knew then that this was the rise Lyra wanted from the lady.

"I'm not running away. Oh no...... Why would I ever do that. Especially from an idiot like you who can't even give a good comeback. You are BORING and I don't want to be bored so I'm leaving. There's a clear difference between them darling. Check your eyesight and maybe look in the mirror then you'll see what utter shite you are." Lyra said and the lady was left sputtering. This made Lyra toss her hair, Sirius beam a proud smile and Hermione with a 'are you done' expression.

" Cheeky girl" Sirius said fondly and Hermione smiled. It was nice to see Sirius caring for Lyra. All too soon they saw a person holding a signboard outside the airport with the name 'Mr Sirius Black' written in bold.

"Why is that guy holding a placard with your name Sirius?" Hermione asked and Sirius had the mischievous look in his eyes that made her groan. "What is it?" Hermione asked but Sirius hastily made his way to the person and after some identity check led them all to the parking lot towards a group of cars. Hermione took one look at the cars, yes Cars with an S, and she didn't want to know the amount of money spent.

Lyra didn't look too surprised and when Hermoine asked the girl, she shrugged and said "It's my Papa. What else would I expect from him. Plus its our style and I'm pretty sure that he was too happy car shopping. Whatever makes him happy I guess." Hermione sighed. The man left them and the girls took a good look at the cars. Fancy. That was the only word Hermione could think of.

They left the airport in three different cars but soon stopped in a secluded place, used a shrinking spell on the other two cars and got in on the white range rover which Sirius was driving. That's how they reached Forks.

Lyra was surprised when her car was dark green in colour. "I thought Papa would buy me a red car." She mused out loud and Sirius laughed "Oh I was planning on it but Moony wouldn't allow it. Said 'Lyra's a Slytherin who also happens to like dark colours. Plus a red car would stand out like a sore thumb.' Funny guy, Moony is. But I'm glad I listened to him." Sirius said and Hermione and Lyra both looked at him with scrutinising expressions because 'Sirius would never admit to listening to Moony or call him funny.' This needed some more looking into.