Chapter Sixteen (Bonus Chapter) {Edited}

BONUS CHAPTER 

Chapter Sixteen 

Aiden

I reached for the bowl that was placed on the counter, drawing my hand near just as Ellie did. This was probably the sixth time this has happened. We both seem to reach for the exact same thing at the exact same time, causing our hands to collide and tingles of pleasure and warmth run up our arms. 

I looked at her as our hands touched, she held the same expression as I did. Letting out a belly shaking laugh we both erupt into howls of laughter. 

My hands were at my ribs, which had surprisingly started to hurt from all the laughing. It had been a while since I had laughed like this, and the realization boosted up my motivation. I was going to make sure I kept this, make sure I didn't lose this again. 

"Okay, I think we should assign tasks." Ellie choked out from her giggles. Her hand was covering her lips, and her eyes were filled with tears. The good kind of tears. 

"Yeah, we probably should." I replied with a chuckle of my own. 

"Okay, I'll go and preheat the oven and begin to make the cookie dough. You go start on the popcorn for the popcorn garland." I gave her a nod and reluctantly turned around to grab the popcorn from the cabinet. I had the strong urge to kiss those luscious lips again, and her bossing me around wasn't helping either. 

I put the bag of popcorn into the microwave and turned back to Ellie, who was beating the batter. Her tongue stuck out a bit from the corner of her mouth, her brows furrowed in concentration, a piece of strand had escaped her bun and was teasing the side of her face. She'd occasionally use the back of her hand to push it away, leaving a small streak of batter on her temple. 

Silently laughing I crept behind her, melting into her. My chest connected with her back and I felt her stiffen. I slowly pushed the strand of hair back, my face so very close to her neck. 

A small little shriek made us jump apart. Whipping our heads to the left, we saw a group of little pups looking around the room with eyes of awe and wonder. 

"ARE WE DECORATING?" A little she-pup shrieked out. Ellie and I both cringed back at the as the loud, high pitch sound practically broken our sensitive ear drums. 

We looked at each other, the close proximity not bothering us a bit. It felt normal. And we both had that look again, that look from before.

We burst out laughing. 

                                                 o-o-o-o

Ellie

Biting down on the warm and soft cookie I sink closer into the warmth of Aiden's chest. We were sitting in the living room watching, and snacking, as the  some of the pack finished our decorating and baking. 

Pups were running around, hands filled with popcorn and red, green, silver and gold sparkly garlands around their necks. She-wolves were baking in the kitchen, wolves setting up trees in nearly every room. Teenagers helping decorate. 

"I hope you aren't upset." I heard Aiden whisper into my ear. 

I turned my face to look at him, confused at what he was talking about. Our faces were nearly a centimetre apart, and for a second I was lost in his beautiful eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I breath out. My eyes connected with his, with a occasionally glance at his lips. 

"I mean our date. We were interrupted and it was taken over by the pack." I let a small gentle smile wash over my face. 

"I'm not upset, I don't mind at all. It feels nice actually. Having the pack all together, well most of it, the atmosphere seems light and playful." 

"Well, I'm glad to hear that." His voice sounded breathless and his eyes were locked on my lips. 

"You're going to have to forgive me for this, Love, but I can't resist any longer."

And without a second to lose his crushed his lips onto mine, his arms tightening around my body as his kissed me fiercely and passionately. He kissed me like there may not be a tomorrow, as if I was his last supply of oxygen and he were a wolf on his death bed. As if he were dying of thirst and I was the last drop of water left. He kissed me like his life depended on it. And I responded, with the same amount of fierce passion.