Chapter Six {edited}

Chapter Six

Ellie

        Pain

        That's what I was feeling at the moment.

        Lots and lots of pain.

        As I felt my bones break and relocate into new positions as I shifted from a mere weak human to a higher ranked wolf.

        From my memory of my first shift, this killed. It pained ten times as much. It was much worse.

        I felt someone's presence slowly approaching me, though it had a calm and refreshing aura, I couldn't help but flinch out of habit.

        But that didn't stop it from coming.

        I felt strong arms engulf me in a warm comforting embrace. A soothing hand caressed my back as I heard a male speaking comforting word into my ear.

        I couldn't recognize who he was; I was too blinded by the tears in my eyes and to deaf by the pounding that belonged to my heart.

        I suddenly saw black spots and started feeling faint. Knowing these symptoms way too well, I let myself engulf into the darkness as I slumped into the comforting arms of my temporarily well wisher

o-o-o-o

        I slowly fluttered my eyes open to be met with a blinding light. I blinked a couple of times before letting out a groan.

        Which sound too much like a wolf whine. I lifted my hand, reaching for my head; but was greeted with a paw. That sent me over the ledge. I immediately jumped up, and sure enough I was in wolf form. I tried hard to remember what happened to which would have lead me to this conclusion; because if I remember correctly I was banned from every shifting since the day of my first shift.

        I felt a soft nudge on my side and as I turned to look, Aiden's hazel eyes stared back at me. But inside of a human face, I was greeted with his black furred wolf. And he was beautiful. Letting my wolf take complete control, she deserved it, she nudged her mate away and playfully whacked her tail in his face before running off. 

        I loved the feeling of the forest floor underneath my paws, I forgot how much fun and how relaxing running  was. I felt at peace running like this. No worries, no chores, no loneliness, no hatred, nothing. Just me and my wolf running in a quiet and peaceful environment.

        I was knocked out of my peaceful environment when I was knocked down to the ground. My wolf let out a playful growl as she felt the pleasurable tingles, knowing it was our mate. 

Our mate playfully head bumped us a couple times, and my wolf reciprocated the action. They rubbed their fur together, rolled around and licked each other. This is how mates were to act. Aiden and I let our wolves play with each other for another hour or so before he walked behind a tree and shifted. When I looked up a few minutes later, I saw that my alpha, my mate stood there in all his glory in only a pair of basketball shorts. My wolf openly gawked at him. I mentally rolled my eyes before I went behind a tree and shifted as well. 

       "Thank you for letting your wolf out. My wolf and I both really needed that."

I didn't reply, I just nodded. Just because my wolf was accepting towards him, didn't mean I was. Years of being ignored and humiliated didn't just up and vanish. 

"Ellie, please I'm trying here" I could hear him plea. The dominance of my blood and birth right and my new position as a Luna started to boil as I looked up and stared at my mate in the eyes with determination and courage I forgot I had. 

"You may be trying, Alpha, but that does not mean I will forget nor forgive what had happened to me. I may feel things for you out of this mate pull, and I know you feel things too, but I do not trust them nor do I trust you." I saw him flinch, I should stop, he's an Alpha, but my birth rank and Luna rank provided me with the dominance to continue. 

"After years of being best friends, you dropped me. And then, for years after, you ignored me, humiliated me, called me names, gave me looks. You, my best friend, my Alpha, my mate, hurt me. So, yes, I get it you're trying Alpha, but you are only trying because of this mate pull. Not because of me. Not being you finally noticed me, not because you finally genuinely realized your mistake." I take a step back, ready to bolt" 

"Even then, I will take what I can, because at least you do notice me and you do realize. But that does not mean I will just fall into your arms happy." 

I turn around, and look back at him one more time. My beautiful mate. 

        "Before you act like a mate towards me Alpha, become an Alpha first, and try to prevent whatever happened to me in your pack. The day you do, maybe you'll be the mate I dreamt of" I whispered.

         With that I shifted and ran off to finish my chores.