Chapter Fifteen {Edited}

Chapter Fifteen

Aiden

        I smile as I watch Ellie laugh with pack members, joyfully eating. Today was the first time she ate in the dinner hall, the last time I remember was when we were still pups. 

        Seeing her back here warmed my heart to a high temperature. Just watching her laugh as she nibbles her food was enough for me. The way her eyes squinted but the bright shine in her eyes still visible. The way her cheekbones held so much definition, and the way they redden when she felt embarrassed. Her soft yet loud laugh that held nearly everyone captive. It's been a while since anyone has heard that laugh. 

        It was always rumoured that a Luna's laugh was the most mesmerizing. I never believed that rumour, thinking I was being biased since the Luna was my mother. But Ellie's laugh was just too addicting, or maybe I was being biased again. Who knows.

        As I look at Elle I can't help but feel excited for tomorrow. I had everything planned out and I just couldn't wait. 

        I wanted my first attempt on courting her to be just us, but plans had changed when I looked at the calendar. 

        Leaning over I brushed my lips against her neck, just below her ear. 

        "Be ready at 7am tomorrow." I whisper, taking a quick nib at her sensitive looking skin. I feel her jump a little and shiver slightly at the action. I couldn't help but smile at the reaction. 

        "So early?" She chocked.

        "Well it's a big day tomorrow." I move away and get back to my dinner. Looking over I see those bright red cheeks and a content feeling erupts in my chest, my wolf purring in the back of my mind. 

        I just hoped she enjoyed whatever I had planned. 

o-o-o-o

        It was 6:30am.

        Even when I was the omega I never woke up this early. 

        Six freaking o'clock in the morning. 

        I was already dressed and ready, just sitting on my new bed as I watched the clock tick. Waiting for a half an hour to pass by. 

        I was wearing the clothes that Aiden left in my room before we retired for the night. It was a cute red and white flannel winter/christmasy themed pyjama bottoms and white wife beater tank top that the words 'Tis The Season written in red cursive writing. It was cute but gave me no idea of what he had planned for the day. I had my hair up in a loose and messy bun, and for once left my big nerdy looking glasses on. 

        I had lost my contacts and was left with no choice. No one knew about my glasses, it was unusual for wolves to wear glasses, but not impossible. 

        But back to reality, I sat crossed legged on my comfy bed just staring at the clock. This room was a whole lot better than the one that I was used to for the past few years. And it was right beside Aiden's room.

        As much as I didn't want to admit it, I liked the idea of Aiden sleeping not to far away, I felt safer. And his scent often leaked through and was very comforting. To my wolf of course. 

        Dropping back, I lay my back and stared at the ceiling. Slowly feeling myself drift off, I closed my eyes and fell into the darkness as sleep took over. 

o-o-o-o

        I awoke with a startle as I heard someone knocking at my door. 

        "Ellie?" Not just anyone, Aiden. Shit! What time was it?

        I looked up at the wall clock, 7:00am. Had it been only a half an hour? That sleep felt like eternity. 

        "Uh just a second!" I called out. I jumped out of my bed, and ran straight into the bathroom. I fixed up my hair, wiped that drool mark on my chin, and straightened out my clothes. 

         Opening the door, I tried to act as casual as possible. 

        "Hey" I beached out. He stood there wearing only pyjama bottom, similar to mine but more manly and they were black and red plaid. He was shirtless and it took a lot of effort and restraint not to glance at his chest for more than thirty seconds. His hair was messy like he had just woken up, and it looked good, really good. 

        "I know you fell asleep and just rushed to fix yourself. No need to hide it." He had his legendary smirk on and his eyes were filled with amusment. 

        "Wha-" I trailed off confused.

        "Werewolf, Love. Or have you forgotten?" Right. How could I forget. 

        "So, should we get going?" He offered me his arm, stepping aside for me to walk out of the door. Shocked and dazed I slipped my arm through, and we walked towards the stairs. 

        "So what are we planning on doing?" I looked up at him, his face looked really nice from this angle. 

        "Well I would say it's a surprise but that'd be too cliche and is overused in my opinion." I let out a chuckle at his comment. Looking up at him, he had that unknown emotion in his eyes again, and a small sweet smile on his lips. 

         "I will however say that you need patience, Love. All will be revealed in a couple minutes." 

        "Then what's the difference. Technically, you're still saying that it's a surprise." 

        "Oh it is a surprise. But I didn't say that because that saying is overused and too cliche. But it is a surprise. But I'm just not saying it 'cause-"

        "It's overused and too cliche." I finished his sentence. 

        "Exactly" He grinned at me with those pearly white teeth, and I let out a chuckle his adorable and messed up logic. 

        Without realizing, we had reached the kitchen. I looked around and there was a big brown cardboard box on the kitchen table and lots of bowls and spoons out on the counter. 

        "Can I know now?" 

        "Well it's the holiday season. So I thought we could make holiday themed goodies, and decorate a bit." I felt my eyes widen. I haven't done this in a while. I haven't celebrated the holidays, in the traditional manner in a while. The last Christmas was with Dad, and after that nothing, all I did was clean up the mess. Our pack celebrated all the holiday traditions, whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa. 

        "We are?" I spoke in a soft whisper. Still shocked at the idea. 

        I felt Aiden move in front of me, taking ahold of my waist. He pulled me in tight, close enough that I was breathing in only his scent. I felt him grab ahold of my chin and gently lift it up, connecting my eyes with his own.

        "We are." He whispered back.