Chapter Fourteen {Edited}

Chapter Fourteen

Ellie

        The rest of the day was spent doing chores. It was a hard habit to break, and no matter how much everyone told me to I couldn't stop. I had gotten used to cleaning and doing stuff for others. In a way, I enjoyed it. Over the years, I did get used to it, but I also started to enjoy it. 

        I had always loved helping others, in a way doing the chores helped others and that was the part I really enjoyed.

        It was near dinner time, and I had done my very best to avoid Aiden. We had awkwardly separated from our hug, and I, without doubt, ran from the area. When the realization hit me I couldn't look at him. 

        What was I thinking? Why would I kiss him. Fates! Me? Kiss him? I am so ready to dig myself a hole and crawl into it, never to be seen again. How could I kiss him? Why did I kiss him? 

        I stood in front of the kitchen sink, hands on either side of the sink. My face was wet, having slashed water on it a few minutes ago. 

        My head was a jumble of thoughts and questions, and they all revolved around that kiss. 

        "Ellie?" I jumped a little at the sound of Belle's voice.         

        Turning around, I face the innocent faced beauty. She stood wearing a grey off shoulder sweater and baby blue pyjama bottoms, her feet covered in bright blue fuzzy socks. She had changed into her nighttime clothes, ready for dinner and bed. 

        This pack was weird in some way, our dinner time was around 8:30pm, rather than the 6:00pm dinner that was usually accustomed. We're usually in comfy bedtime clothing, sitting all cozy and such at the dinner table. 

        "Yea Belle?" 

        "You ok Ellie?" She stood beside me, a hand resting on my shoulder looking at me concerned.

        "Oh yea, I'm fine. Just- You know" My voice had gone to a mumble as I spoke the last words, "boy problems" 

        Belle let out a small chuckle, her face holding amusement. 

        "No way, please don't tell me. You and Aiden?" I managed a small nod. 

        "Fates! This is too funny! Come on Elle, what's wrong? You guys seem absolutely perfect together, well obviously you guys are mates. But, what's got you so stressed, you looked happy with him" 

        "I am happy, and that's the problem." I fidget with my fingers, my cheeks reddening with embarrassment. 

        "Being happy shouldn't be the problem. Elle, I've heard the things that are rumoured around in these house walls. I've heard snip bits of what you've been through in the past. I know that Aiden did you wrong, but you can clearly see that he's regretted it, and wants to make up for it. He wants to turn those bad memories into good ones. He wants you to see him as a loving mate, not a cruel Alpha. Give him a chance, but that doesn't mean don't make him work for it." 

        I looked at Belle with a new light. This little girl, barely 15 held so much wisdom. She was filled with insight and understand, a heart big enough for anyone. A caring personality willing to give others chances. 

        "When did you get so wise about boys?" I ask in a playful manner.

        "Oh believe me, if you knew the amount of wolves I've already dated you'd be shocked." She lets out a small laugh.