Chapter Two {edited}

Chapter Two Ellie

        I slowly stood up from the ground and started to clean up the mess that was created. I felt tears roll down my face, I hated when Aiden was to yelled me. I preferred it when he ignored me versus when he yelled at me.

 I turned sixteen two weeks ago and found out that he was my mate. But since we hadn't kissed he had no clue till his eighteenth birthday, which was tomorrow. He probably thought his mate isn't from this pack, because of the lack of claim, but I'm right here. 

She-Wolves recognized their mates before males, at the age of 16, when our fertility and heat averagely begins. Males on the other hand, on their 18th birthday, because they are more mature to care and protect their mates. 

        I could understand as to why this past week he's been so edgy with me, it's his wolf trying to show a sign. I felt my wolf whimper, she was strong, she wasn't dying as a usual wolf would. She was waiting for her mate to realize that his mate is right in front of them. I heard she-wolves brag about their time with him, it hurt like salt rubbing into my deep wounds.

        It was worse than anything. Worse than what I felt when my dad died, or the fact that my mom turned a blind eye on me when she turned depressed over the death of her mate. I sighed; it was all about to get worse tomorrow. When he would discover I was his mate, he would reject me. I was expecting it after all. Who would want me; I am after all reminded of my flaws each and every day. And allow me to tell you there are many.

        Aiden would never ruin his reputation for me; he would reject me and then throw it in my face all the reasons why the fates and Great Luna made the mistake of creating me for him. He'll then brag about it to everyone and chose himself a mate for who fits his standards. I ran to my room as the tears started to fall down uncontrollably. My wolf was curled in a ball crying as well. She couldn't shift, as the soon to be alpha, Aiden had forbid of us to. It was difficult at first but we managed.

        I was proud of my wolf, for being so strong and waiting for him, being able to forgive and overlook everything he did. Not losing any hope and more importantly staying by my side and not dying.

        As I entered my tiny room I looked around examining it. I did this every time, I looked at the room located under the stairs; it was the size of a walk in closet. No bed, a small basket in where my clothes were folded in, my only converse on my feet. A picture of me and my family before my dad died beside my make shift bed on the ground, the small attached bathroom with only a toilet, sink and a small shower. I sighed and laid down on my 'bed' and sobbed.

        I sobbed till I fell asleep. I didn't feel like going to school today. In fact, I haven't been to school that often since I was 16, when I found out he was my mate. It hurt too much. I let out another sob as I thought about it. I was ruining my education for a mate who didn't want me. Laying my head on the small pillow, I looked up at the ceiling thinking. I felt my eyes get heavy as time slipped by, I needed some rest.

        Lunch and dinner was finished and was only required to be heated. I would wake up when the pack teens come home.

o-o-o-o        

        It's his birthday today. Oh god oh god. I woke early today and set the table and then rushed back into my room. Not wanting to come face to face with him. I was panicking and my wolf trying to get out there wasn't helping.

        "FATASS" I heard someone screech.

        Shit.

        I slowly got up and took my time to get to the kitchen where everyone was gathered, including him. I took a deep breath, ending up taking a whiff of his wonderful scent, something spicy and burnt wood. I kept my gaze on the ground. I answered in a mumble.