33

Hi lovelies!
I promise I haven't disappeared.
I'm uploading this chapter now, but I'm currently working on other work I'll be releasing, once this book is complete.
I'll continue uploads again starting this coming Monday...
Then we'll ride out this story together till the end... or till death do us part?
;)
Enjoy!
xoxo

Alex

I fell asleep to easy pace of Christian's heartbeat that night

As I laid there in his arms, he gently massaged my shoulders and neck, down to my back. I felt like I was on cloud nine. Like I had tapped into a pocket of the purest bliss, even if it was just for a night.

I wanted to stay as wide awake as my body would allow. It was my attempt at clinging to this feeling of being completely content... but the scent from Christian's cologne, and his soft breathes against my forehead were equivalent to my kryptonite.

-

I awoke to the sound of my obnoxious bedside alarm going off the next morning, reminding me that it was now 7:05 and I needed to get a move on for work. As I finally came to, I expected Christian to have already left, like he usually did. Instead, I awoke to the firmness of the same chest, as an arm wrapped itself securely around me.

Another hand must've slapped the shit out of my alarm clock, because the whole thing fell to the floor with a loud crash. It stopped ringing though.

"Sorry." Christian whispered huskily into my ear. As if my body hadn't died and been resurrected, I felt every chill run through me all over again. Every fucking chill. Waves of pleasure from the previous night, came flooding back to me.

The way Christian had touched me...

"Y-Yes." I croaked out, trying to compose myself. I felt Christian's hand move to my hair. He started to massage my scalp again like last night, and that caused me to almost immediately relax further into him.

I never wanted to leave this.

Not this bed. Not this man.

"My alarm went off earlier, but I couldn't pull myself to get out of bed." He explained. That made me want to smile, but my face was practically cemented to Christian's chest. I was positive I was going to have those unattractive sleep lines when I finally did separate myself from him. "So I decided I'd wait till yours went off."

The hand that I had draped over his stomach, slid up to his chest.

I loved every part about Christian's body. The tattoos. The definition. His chest felt perfectly sculpted underneath my finger tips. Now that he was mine, and I was his, I had to constantly remind myself that I could touch him like this whenever. "I dwont wanna gwet up." I mumbled into him.