02

Christian

As soon as Alex and I stepped out of the airport, we were blindsided from the rapidly rising sun that took everyone by surprise

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

As soon as Alex and I stepped out of the airport, we were blindsided from the rapidly rising sun that took everyone by surprise.

"This is madness." I grumbled under my breath. I was supposed to be waking up in our beautiful resort of a room, feeling Alex's body entangled with my own. Maybe some sand in unknown places from our previous night of escapades on the beach. That was the morning I wanted... not this bullshit.

"The sun's out already?" Joan sighed. It was a sigh that was working hard to envision how I felt right now, but didn't come close to doing my emotions justice.

"We should probably head home." Brad suggested to me, as he struggled to balance both his carry on bag and suitcase in one hand, while the other hand operated his phone. Knowing Brad, he was probably sending countless emails in an attempt to move this weeks schedule around.

Clearly we were about to be less available than imagined. Considering we had just launched our partnership with Mavericks, I couldn't imagine the type of shit Brad was going to have to postpone.

I barely processed what he meant by home, until he reiterated "home, home." I glanced over at him, sending a look that asked him if he'd lost his fucking mind.

"I'm going to go curl up somewhere soft with Alex, and sleep. You are more than welcome to go visit our parents, but I'm not addressing shit with those shitheads until I've gotten eight hours of sleep, and some coffee in me." Brad took in my words, frowning at my choice of them, but eventually he gave me a nod.

"I guess I'll go knockout as well." He replied.

I was honestly glad he had decided to. It looked like he was barely managing to keep his eyes open as we waited for the company cars to arrive.

With the state we were both in, I was almost positive the conversation with our parents would've been a complete shit show anyways.  I was beyond irritated, and it was Alex's fingers still entangled with my own, that kept me from losing it. Brad had maybe ten minutes left before his body was going to fall asleep standing up.

Joan tried leaning against him for some support, as she too, looked like she was about to pass out... but they both ended up almost toppling over. It was Alex's quick thinking, and light shove that got them upright again.

A good thing he moved quickly when he did, because if they were to take us down with them, someone was going to die. That was the level of over it I had reached on this eight hour flight.

We watched as our all black company cars skirted around the winding corner of the lanes, maneuvering in and out of parked and moving cars, like their lives depended on getting somewhere. All we heard were the honks of other drivers either getting cut off, of honked back at by our drivers.

"Why the hell are our guys pulling up like they're on set for Tokyo Drift?" Brad asked me.

"I sent an email to our communications department. Told the drivers to drive like their jobs depended on it." I replied.

The CEO's Desire ⚣ ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें