35

Hi lovelies! Just a few chapters left now. Idk why my heart was beating so quickly while writing, like I didn't create this story or some shit 😂
Please enjoy!
Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but my chapters here on Wattpad are generally between 1100-1400 words. I'm pretty strict on that, otherwise y'all won't see these chapters till 2022 with the way my schedule is set up. I am working on something that'll be launching in March, where you can subscribe and claim access to longer works/exclusive works/dirtier chapters.
As always, thank you guys so much. I love y'all
xoxo

Christian

"Have you heard from Brad yet?" Slav asked, leaning further into me

"Have you heard from Brad yet?" Slav asked, leaning further into me. My mother reached across the both of us to fix my tie.

"I haven't, no." I shook my head, while simultaneously shooing my mothers hands away. They were both on edge, and rightfully so... but we all were, and I didn't need to be more suffocated than I already felt. Slav was fidgeting nervously with his hands, as more guests started to pool in.

The wedding itself was set to be an intimate gathering, with no more than twenty people total on the guest list. I recognized virtually no one, besides maybe two people who may have been long time investors to Ivanov Corp. It was hard to tell from where we were sitting.

The venue itself was every bit as gorgeous as Alex had tried to describe to me. The first thing I noticed when entering The Gardens, was that Roslana chose the White Lisianthus as the signature flowers for the ceremony.

I wasn't sure if those were the flowers Yakiv had chosen, but it brought a smile to my face regardless. Alex was going to love the sight of these.

"Have you thought of a way to stall?" Slav asked. I gave him a nod.

"Roslana is still in her chambers, but I've already caught wind that she's claiming to be experiencing some cramps. She's with Yakiv now. Alex texted to let me know that he arrived, and that this should buy Brad maybe another thirty to fourth-five minutes. They're hunting down some pain killers before the ceremony begins, otherwise she said she physically won't be able to walk down the isle."

"That's a stellar excuse." My mother noted. "Some seriously smart thinking on that young woman's part."

"Well, she is Yakiv's daughter." Slav replied.

I wasn't sure why, but that triggered a bit of curiosity in me. Slav and I had yet to discuss Yakiv, and more of his history. Specifically, his friendship to Slav, and close relationship with this research work. Unfortunately this was the worst place to try and have that conversation.

I was pretty surprised by how well of an excuse that was, myself. Sooner or later though, someone was going to locate some pain killers, and that's when the countdown would really begin.

"Nevertheless Christian, listen to me. If Brad isn't able to make it here in time, I want you to call this off." I glanced over at Slav, allowing me a moment to process his words.