The Second Moriarty

“Avery Holmes.”
“So I hear. It took quite some digging.”
Avery gave a girlish smile. “I like my privacy.”
Danni grinned. “So do I.”
“Excuse me?” Sherlock asked.
Avery gave him a smile. “This is Rosie. Or Danni. My…ex-partner, I guess you could say. She committed crimes, and I solved them. Then we had lunch and chatted about it all.” Avery shrugged. “It was a living.”
“But you left,” Danni purred. “I was all alone.”
Avery sighed and lifted her hands in a what-can-you-do fashion. “Sorry sweetie, I was getting homesick.”
Suddenly, John made a muffled noise and all eyes diverted to him.
“Yes?” Danni asked, annoyed.
Avery smiled. “I think you’d have to take off the gag.”
Danni gave her a mock annoyed look, and took off the gag.
“Well?” Danni asked impatiently as John gasped for breath.
“I…”
Danni scowled and looked back at Avery. “Idiots. The whole lot of them. Why do you keep them around?”
Avery shrugged. “For fun.”
Danni returned the smile slyly and grabbed John arm, pulling him out of the seat, and then pushing him towards Avery. John stumbled and fell flat.
Avery looked down to him, then back at Danni, who grinned.
“Well see ya then!”
Avery’s eyes narrowed.
“And then what was the point of this?” Sherlock asked.
Danni grinned and sat down on the chair, crossing her legs. Jim stood behind her with a smile.
“Well, now we’re all introduced.” She looked at Avery.  “Expect to hear a lot more from us.”
Avery grinned and then turned and began walking away. Sherlock offered John a hand, and he took it. Avery reached the door, and paused.
“Lunch tomorrow?” she called.
“See you then,” Danni replied.