Dr Watson

“How was Mycroft? What did he think of you visiting the ‘nest’?”

She resisted the urge to say “Good job Sherlock, if you keep trying one day you’ll be as good as me. Until then, please stop showing off.”

Instead she smiled. “Fine. Lunch was good.”

He nodded distractedly.

“Mycroft?” John asked. “How…?”

“Don’t worry,” she said quickly, before Sherlock could start. She frowned to herself. She was distracted by the new information, and wasn’t being her usual cheerful self. She smiled at them brightly. “What’s happening?”

“Nothing,” Sherlock told her.

“Ah well.” She paused. “Oh! Right, I’m getting an apartment.”

“What?” John asked surprised.

She blinked at him. “I’m getting an apartment,” she said slowly.

“But why?”

“Do you prefer the couch? What about your poor girlfriend? She must be getting sick of you by now.”

“I…”

“So I’m finding a place of my own. Well, not me. Chloe is. She…Never mind. I’m moving out.”

“Oh.” John said, a bit confused.

She smiled at him. Dr. John Hamish Watson. Trained at St. Bartholomew's Hospital. A British Army doctor who served as a Captain in the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers - deployed to Afghanistan, where he served until being shot in the shoulder. Which left him with psychological trauma: a psychosomatic limp in his leg and an intermittent tremor in his left hand - thereafter he was discharged from service. Which was where he met Sherlock, and moved in the next day.

 “Yep.”