Show and Tell

“Wow,” John said as he entered the apartment. “This is…You can afford this?”
“Apparently.”
Chloe sighed to herself, and Avery laughed, looking once more around her new home. She looked at her brother. “Well?”
“Interesting,” he said. She smiled at him. That meant he couldn’t find anything wrong with it.
She looked around again. It was beautiful and big. It was nice and big and bright. That was the only way Avery could describe it without going into excessive detail.
The walls were painted white – and it was already full of new matching furniture – new matching furniture which was obviously only just moved in that morning - Chloe. There was one big window in the living room. The kitchen and the living room were one and the same – separated only by a bench.
There was the wonderful smell of fresh air, and Avery was sure that if she opened the fridge there would be no dead body parts. She resisted the urge to shudder. Her brother could be disgusting when he wanted to.
She grinned and span around the room with her hands over her head, landing on the couch.
“It’s pretty,” she told them. “I like it.”
“Good,” John said. “When are you moving in?”
She looked up at him with a mock scowl. “So eager to get rid of me?”
John flushed. “Ah, no, no, that’s not what I meant-”
She smiled at him. Maybe that’s why Sherlock liked him so much – he was easy to tease. And then she stretched. “Soon. I don’t know.” She waved her hands towards Chloe. “Ask her. She knows everything. It’s her job.”
Chloe blushed. “Uh…well…I’ve sorted out most of it. Umm, tomorrow, maybe?”
“Great.” Avery said with a smile. “That’ll be fun.”