7|| The Man with the Pig Mask

You shot up from the floor, startled before frantically looking around to try and familiarize with your surroundings, only to find yourself surrounded by spruce planks and after a few moments, processed that you have fell from the bed beside you.

Your head snapped to the source of the burning rays of sunshine that illuminated the room and to the slightly ajar window, the sun sits high in the sky and you're in a strangers home, something that anyone with a common sense would know that is beyond dangerous.

Your backpack was leaning on the wall just beside the table and immediately reaching for it to check your items for anything missing. But everything was in there, five scrolls, three books, six diamonds and the leather pouch. You turned to the wristband in your hand, tapping on it to also look at your inventory to see your sword still in there but not a single armor in sight.

There was an empty feeling residing in you, felt like something was stolen from you. But what is it? All of the items were there, the reading materials, your sword, your armor, so what was taken away from you?

You were also quick to notice the bandages wrapped on your left forearm that reached up to your palm and the tightness around your stomach, making you rack your brain for the reason why and how you obtained them in the first place. But nothing comes up, and it's stressing you out.

A headache soon accumulated and you put a stop to your attempts of recalling a memory you can't even recall having. It was all fuzzy, you seem to be unable to remember anything from the day before.

Carefully, you rose to your feet only for your legs to forget their purpose for a split moment and you fell. Luckily, you managed to grab the window sill during that short amount of time and pulled yourself up to a standing position when the door squeaked and parted open to reveal your savior.

His skull mask of a boar came first, scaring the soul out of your body until they revealed themself further, showing you messily braided pink hair tucked behind a silver studded elf-like ear, topped off with a grandiose star-shaped crown peaks sitting snug around his head.

Pink hair combined with the crown felt familiar but your brain is mushy to remember where exactly.

"Oh, you're awake." His voice was monotone as he points out. But the dead tone of his voice reminded you of a youtuber. When recognition dawns, your mouth fell to an 'o' to his amusement. "Based on your reaction, you know me already, but in case you forgot you can call me Techno."

"You're also here?! Wow, I am honored to see you man."

"Yeah, yeah, sit down or you'll hurt yourself." He steps out for a moment to retrieve something from the outside.

"No it's ok, I can regenerate." You insisted with a sheepish smile even with the four hunger left, you tried to stand up properly only to wince when you applied weight on your bandaged forearm.

"You don't look like it."

Now that he's inside, you can fully see his outfit which is composed of long white and puffy sleeves, brown trousers with black boots to top it all off. You also noticed the red cloth wrapped around his waist, holding a rapier close to his side.

Techno sets the tray on the bedside table before offering his help in which you took with the better hand as he led you to sit on the mattress. He found a chair by the corner of the room and dragged it by the end of the bed, figuring that you might need some answers from him. 

Questions that he's nervous to respond to. Even with the cool front he puts up, you can see in his quaking pupils.

"How did I end up here?" You start.