39|| Talk Between Friends

"He-he's fine right? Like his wing is still functioning."

"Of course, his feathers are becoming black though..."

"Do you think it's the stress?"

"I think his powers are evolving, turning into something more than just a person with wings and knowledge."

"So that's what he meant by 'Powers Adapt'..."

"Think so too." Niki then sighed. "Go check on Dream's arm. He's gonna sprain it if he continued training just after it got healed."

-*-*-*-

Ranboo's eyes fluttered as he tried to adjust to the sudden lighting of the area. The muffled voices in the background started to clear up, sentences becoming audible with every passing second.

As his sight cleared up, he saw an odd yellow man standing in front of an aquarium filled with a vast variety of tropical fishes. Large and small, monotonous and vibrant. He was tapping his finger on the glass, muttering something about freeing them one day.

He then realised that the loud muffled sounds came from the jukebox standing not too far from the tank. Playing a song that he was sure that he's heard of before back on Earth. But he couldn't remember the title.

It's been a few days after he arrived in the overworld, he's been in bed rest the whole time, dotted on by Tubbo. At first, it surprised him when he heard his voice, like the real and raw one. Not the computer transmitted voice he was used to hearing through the speakers of his headphones.

He screamed and went to pull him into a hug but Niki pushed him back to bed, claiming how he's not healed enough.

"Let's celebrate when you're better."

That's what he said. And now that Ranboo has received Niki's thumbs of approval, he rose from his bed and left the clinic in a rush, startling the man talking to the fishes. Healed and in dire need of a change of clothing.

The chilly breeze that flew past him was the first thing that greeted him before the beautiful night sky. A new patch of the galaxy is currently displayed on the canvas that is the sky. But as much as it is stunning, nothing can beat the End's mesmerizing view. It brought him such pain to leave the dimension too early.

The town felt like an abandoned site, most of the houses are blacked out save for the redstone street lamps. His ears twitched when he heard chatters from afar. He didn't need to wander far when he caught sight of George hastily leaving a lively shack that made Ranboo guess that it was the cafeteria and the source of the voices.

Food... His stomach rumbled loud enough for the British male to notice him standing in the dark. Jumping when he saw his glowing red and green pairs, it widened when he noticed the intimidating height gap they had.

There was an awkward air between them. Ranboo thought that it was because they never met each other before in the human world that when they meet up out of the blue, it was nothing but awkward.

"Hey... Ranboo?" His voice unsure before continuing. "What's up?"

"What's for dinner?"

"Ponk cooked something, said that it's time for us to taste good food." Ranboo nodded at that and started to make his way to the cafeteria when he remembered something, gently reminded by the itchy sensation against the fabric of his tailored suit, so he mustered all the courage he has and spoke up:

"Do you guys happen to have some scented sands?"

"What for?"

"You see... I can't touch water." George laughed at that which made Ranboo roll his eyes.