𝐈. 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐔

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I groan in annoyance as I lean against a pole in the Queen's home. Colt is next to her, talking rapidly about this 'king' that she gave birth to, and would soon die because. To be honest, I wasn't there - and I'm glad I wasn't - but with the way Colt describes him, he seems incredibly stuck up.

A human looks at me. He's wearing all white clothing and looked mad. I growl at him teasingly, and his eyes widen and he steps away. I laugh and examine my nails, picking out any dirt, when I notice a small cocoon clinging to a pole.

I watch, intrigued, as it suddenly cracks open and a small butterfly peeks it out. Carefully, it flies out, and my eyes trace the intricate details of its wings. 

Strangely, this event is the same as my birth. Except my cocoon didn't delicately rupture open. No, I fell out.

FLASHBACK

I burst out of the cocoon, falling to the floor unceremoniously. Somehow, I land in a bow, so I stay that way. It seems the smartest option, though, considering that in front of me stands the Queen. 

'Hmm,' she muses, talking to me inside of my head. I clutch my head in pain, grumbling at how loud she is, but she doesn't hear me. Or perhaps she simply has no idea what I'm saying. 'This is so strange. You've been born after all of my Royal Guards. You also seem to be as powerful as them. But it's simply not possible to have four Royal Guards.'

'A Royal Guard?' What's a Royal Guard?

'They'll guard my son when I give birth to him.'

Oh. So she does understand me.

'Interesting . . . I will name you Y/N,' the Queen says after a pause.