𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

SECOND POV

SECOND POV

The wind rushes at you in great waves, pushing you back and tumbling your clothes everywhere. Dust flies, clustered together in great tornadoes pounding at your body. But you can't focus. All you know is that you have to get away. Get away from the retched palace that held those retched beings that were just playing games with you. 

You had once thought yourself to be the best of the best of the Chimera Ants. For heaven's sake, you were even born as strong as a Royal Guard, even though you were supposed to be just a regular one. If that couldn't boost one's ego, what could?

And being the best, you had thought that you could get away with anything. Fighting? The easiest thing ever. The art of manipulation? Not even hard. Beating everyone around you? You don't even waste a breath on that. 

You already knew you were the best.

And then the real Royal Guards were introduced to this world, and then the King. Your mentality had gotten to the best of you, and the thought of them being able to beat you in any way was just something that you thought to be fantasy. And it was - at first. 

You had already beaten them in combat. What was the most that they could do after seeing how strong you were? So you decided to go after them mentally. 

Soon, very, very soon, you were getting closer and closer to Meruem, king of the Chimera Ants, and everything and everyone else just left your mind. 

That was your fatal mistake. You focused on one person and completely forgot that the rest of the Chimera Ants circling the two of you were animals that you should take caution around. Meruem never forgot that, but you - you did. Then you turned and got caught in the claws of Shaiapouf.

"Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid," you mutter to yourself, hands dragging down your face as you stagger against the incoming wind and dust. Their attacks never cease, and you slowly begin to lose altitude, flying a foot forward and falling behind three feet. 

"Oh, how could you let yourself think you were the best? You're just an abnormally strong Chimera Ant - you don't even show up on the spectrum compared to the Royal Guards," you berate yourself, nailing the thought into your head.