𝐗𝐈. 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

SECOND POV

SECOND POV

When Meruem wakes up, he's in the comfort of his room. His head whips around. Where are you?

He jumps up in surprise as his eyes rake over the room once more, soaking in all the details whilst searching for you. Why aren't you in this room with him? And who had even brought you here?

Oh. 

The answer suddenly dawns on him. Oh, it makes perfect sense. The only reason why you would be somewhere else and not with him even though he had had his arms wrapped around your waist, would be because someone truly hated you. And the only person who truly hated you? Shaiapouf. 

Mereum scowls at all the extra work he has to do to re-find you. Stomping out of his room, he finds Shaiapouf's living quarters and harshly knocks upon it. "Shaiapouf. I know you're in there, answer the door." 

His voice is low and menacing, telling Shaiapouf everything that Mereuem's words did not. Pouf shudders, before opening the door and stepping back meekly. He points inside the room, toward a door inside the room, and breathes shakily. 

Mereum scoffs at Shaiapouf's very plausible fear. He's a Royal Guard for god's sake. Why is he so scared of some words that contained no promises of threats? 

Yet Mereum doesn't question it, instead stalking towards the door. He pushes it open forcefully with a palm and it shatters completely, though it had been made of wood. There, his eyes found purchase on you. 

You were in the corner, knees pulled up against you. You clutch your head as your eyes stare downcastedly at the floor. 

"What do you want, Shaiapouf?" you mumble, disheartened. "Oh right. What you said." Meruem's heart breaks as you slowly get up, unfurling your wings. What had Shaiapouf done to you? And what are you doing?