𝐕. 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I fall onto the bed in a starfish position, laughing lightly to myself, before falling to an abrupt stop. 

No . . . was I just laughing? At what? The entire day had been spent with Meruem. 

My mood shifts. I sit up, slouching down. My feet dangle over the side of the bed. I groan in exasperation, my hands falling onto my face and dragging downwards extremely slowly, before falling onto my lap. 

How had my opinion changed about him being a cocky, annoying, green bastard to a charming green bastard? Oh god. What to do . . . what to do.

- FIFTEEN HOURS BEFORE - 

I quickly put on the dressy clothes that were provided for me in the closet and slip out of my room, hurrying towards the throne room where the other four Chimera Ants resided. 

Running away isn't even an option anymore, even if the deal hadn't been made. There'd been this . . . human-looking thing that apparently is named . . . never mind. I forgot. All I remembered is that he previously ran the country from behind the scenes? But back to the point. He'd given Meruem, who in change had given to me, a large iron anklet around my ankle. 

"To keep you from running away," the irregularly shaped human explains, looking proud, seeking praise from Meruem. 

I sniff in distaste. What does he even have to be proud of? What does he have that gives him the chance to be praised by any of the Chimera Ants? The thing on my ankle is just a metal bracelet that will flash and set off an alarm if I step out of the boundaries Pouf had set up for me. He didn't even make the object.

Pouf. Seems like that guy hates me now. He throws death glares at me all the time, and has once even chucked a fat book at me. Of course, I dodge each attack with ease, but to provoke him more, I continuously blow kisses at him. Honestly, though, he has every right to hate me, considering that I basically broke every bone in his body the day before and immensely bruised his pride.

In the throne room, I knock harshly against the wall next to the curtains for doors. 

I hear someone's mindless and careless voice. "Come in, Y/N."

Oh wow. No hesitation whatsoever. And tell me: why did my name roll so easily and fluidly off his tongue? Why did it sound slightly nice? And how did I immediately recognise his voice?

I part the curtains and walk in to see Mereuem smirking at me. I huff, trying to pull the tight, fancy clothes from sticking to my body, but every time I did, they snapped right back on. 

"Right here," Meruem cooes, patting the tile next to him. 

I purse my lips and he raises an eyebrow. I gradually make my way over to him and sit down with a huff. Crossing my arms and legs, I look away from the green-skinned creature. 

"Pouf. Bring me the next player," the fore-mentioned boy commands. 

The butterfly, who's been glaring at me this entire time while I stick out my tongue childishly at him, nods and walks out. 

Now we're alone inside the room. I feel the wind rustle around my wings, and my sense heighten, but not before I feel hands wrap around my chin and yank me around. Suddenly, I'm face to face with Meruem, our breaths mingling and our noses touching. And I'm staring right into his eyes. 

Why had I never seen this before? Never seen how . . . beautiful they are. A striking purplish-violet color that seemed evil at first glance, but if you truly looked at them, they looked broken, searching for another piece, another person to complete them.

But that moment of wonder is over when I wrench my head from his grip. Because I'm sure my body and mind knew that if I stayed any longer in that embrace, I would've been to immersed to ever leave. 

"What do you want?" I grumble, looking down at my hands. 

"Look at me, Y/N. Don't you dare let your eyes leave mine." 

His voice, it's so controlling. It'd been so kind earlier. It made me wonder. Had me removing my eyes from his provoked him so much?

I look up at him hesitantly, and when I glance back at his eyes, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of heat emitting from them. That heat hadn't been there earlier. Maybe my actions had provoked him that much. 

But why did I still find his eyes pretty?

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

i will be doing a double update today, so there will be another chapter coming in an hour <3