𝐕𝐈. 𝐌𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

- FIFTEEN HOURS EARLIER -

A loud and rude cough echoes throughout the room. Meruem smoothly lets go of my chin and looks at Pouf, annoyed. 

Pouf simpers, but it's mostly aimed at me. But his face falls when he sees that I'm annoyed as well. I still wanted to stare into those purple orbs. 

"Way to interrupt us," I sniff. 

Safe to say that that wasn't the right thing to say. Meruem knocks me out, slapping me against my forehead, pushing it into the hard marble.

The moment I wake up, the events of before come rushing back into my head. Immediately, I jump up and look for Meruem. I spot him. He's playing against this black-haired, sniveling old man. I growl in disgust before pouncing at the green-skinned creature. 

Meruem senses me coming, and jumps up. Somehow, I barely grab onto the black jacket-like thing covering the top of his chests. 

His face flashes with surprise, before I land on the back of my wings. I wince in pain, and my outstretched arms pull back in quickly as I try to get up. I forget that Meruem's clothing is encased in my hands. 

My eyes widen and I quickly move out of the way, letting go of the fabric. 

Meruem tightens his abs and outstretches his arms. He lands lightly on his palms and toes and does a pushup, going down and then springing back up.

His eyes find me instantly and he walks over, a dangerous smile playing on his lips. With a hand, he gestures for Pouf to get rid of the scared Asian man whose current sobs are loudly echoing throughout the room. I back up, not wanting to make an angry man even angrier. 

"Where's that confidence now, Y/N?" Meruem doesn't stop walking forward and my wings hit a wall. Still, he doesn't stop moving, until he's right in front of me. My eyesight is blocked by his body, and his arm rests against the wall on top of my head. 

If anyone walked in at that moment, all they would be able to see is the back of Meruem's body and my pearly white wings. 

"Hmm?" A finger trails down from the top of my jawline to my chin. A finger snags at the bottom of my lip, parting them ever so slightly. I have no time to stare at his eyes, as my own eyes are traveling everywhere, taking in everything. His lips, his nose, his arms.

Meruem smiles at the sight, and my cheeks turn the slightest shade of red. Not very noticeable to most, but then again, Meruem isn't most. Plus, there's little to no space between us. 

I open my mouth a little more to speak, but at that very moment, I hear Pouf growling and complaining. We separate, and Meruem walks away as if nothing had just happened. I slide against the wall and sit in the corner until I hear the rapping of knuckles against the cold, white tile. 

I look up and see Meruem rapping his knuckles against the open spot of the floor next to him. I go there with no complaints and sit down quietly. 

Meruem looks over at me and brushes a piece of my hair gently behind my ear. I glance at him, perplexed. "What are you doing?" I whisper. 

"Where did your confidence go?" he whispers back in my ear. "Have I really beaten you so easily?"

The remark makes me scowl. He definitely did not break me. He just . . . surprised me. Extremely so. Yep, that's exactly what he did. 

Time to become unsurprised, I guess. 

"Well," I smirk. Our faces are parallel to each other, his on the right of mine as his left-hand stays behind my ear. "What would you like me to do to show you that I've 'got my confidence back?'"

Meruem pauses. Apparently, he actually thought that he'd beaten me. Too bad. 

I grin to myself and slide my hands up his chest, before pushing him slightly away. His body doesn't move, only his core, going back a bit. I take that opening and move to his lap, sitting right in the middle. 

Meruem looks down at me, his own face morphed with surprise. I chuckle a bit to myself. 

"So you've got that confidence back?" He leans down, resting his chin on my shoulder. He's murmuring in my ear so no one else can hear.

"What do you see, my king?"

Even though those two words weren't usually a big deal, it sure is to him. He straightens his back instantly as I look forward, pretending that I didn't notice. 

But what I don't expect is for his arms to snake around my waist. I get goosebumps, the shivers traveling up my arms and legs. But getting goosebumps to his touch is embarrassing, so I don't mention it to him. 

"Keep calling me your king, Y/N." His voice trickles sweetly into my ear and the goosebumps travel along my body once more. 

Meruem chuckles huskily, and I suck in a breath, before murmuring, "Whatever you say, my king."

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

slklejl i'm so sorry i didn't post earlier !! my mom got mad at me for being on the computer so she took it away. its night now tho so i stole it back <3