𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

mereum is ooc
here as well . i 
think . idk lol .

- TWO HOURS EARLIER -

Water drips down from my face, the light glistening softly off the orbs and bouncing onto objects in the garden. Water also drips down from my now heavy wings. They sink to the floor, my back getting to lazy and tired to hold them up. 

Meruem sits next to me. Unlike me, he doesn't even attempt to dry himself, instead letting the gleaming sun do the job for him. His hands are splayed on the side of him as his eyes travel slowly over the sky. 

I take this as an opportunity to soak in his features and how the dirty but clear water droplets really brought out his face. His skin, a lovely mint colour, now looked prettier and his jawline looked sharper. And on closer look, his eyes gleamed. I didn't know whether they sparkled because of water, the sun, or an emotion, but I just took the chance to stare at him. 

"You're very pretty," I finally say. 

Meruem turns to look at me in surprise, eyes widening. "Me? Pretty?" 

I nod, my eyes not leaving his. His beautiful, purple eyes that felt like magnets, drawing me in and never letting me go. 

"Mhm," I nod. 

Meruem scoffs, breaking eye contact. I don't miss, though, how it looked like it pained him to remove the eye contact. "I'm not pretty, Y/N."

"And why not?" I question. 

"Because I'm just not."

I sigh, realising I'm not going to get an answer out of him. Slowly and softly, I lay down on the lawn, over my wings. Long blades of grass tickle my face and arms, but I pay it no attention as I look up at the sky, thoughts running loose through my head. 

I doubt Meruem is saying he isn't pretty because of toxic masculinity ... after all, I doubt he's ever cared about that. And I'm quite sure that Meruem's denying being pretty because of all the blood on his hands. Well actually, he's never felt remorse at killing anyone or anything. Just plain ... never mind. No feelings. He's only felt happiness. A murderous glee. Scary. 

I shiver in contempt. Not at Meruem, specifically, but at what he does and how he feels doing it. 

I don't think he's ever felt human emotions. Ever felt what it felt like to truly be happy or what it truly felt like to feel any other emotion. I can't talk, though. I've never felt that way. Sure, I've felt snippets, but can that really compare to true, unbridled feelings?

My thoughts lead me away from the current reality again, when I suddenly feel a certain warmth draped over me. I quickly shake my head in confusion and look over to the side. There, I see Meruem with his chest bare. Around me his is little, cute vest. 

I smile softly at the gesture. "Thank you," I say, deciding to throw away my cocky and rude attitude for a moment and replace it with my nice attitude. 

"It's nothing," Meruem acknowledges, eyes never leaving the sky. 

The sky. It's filled with large, gigantic clouds that look as if they're filled with rain. They're still quite beautiful, though. Sometimes, I wonder how clouds are made.

"Sure, sure," I tease, turning to look at him. He does the same. "It's nothing to give someone you barely know their clothes."

"I've known you for more than a week," Mereum replies cooly. "We're not complete strangers. Plus, would you like me to take it back?"

"No! No." 

"That's what I thought," he lowly chuckles. Deep vibrations echo out of his throat and into the crystal cold and crisp air. His laugh fills my ears quickly, lightly soothing me. I take a deep breath in and out and decide to abandon my deep thoughts. Instead, I just lay down and watch the clouds and sky and birds with Meruem, relaxing in the moment. 

𝘈𝘜𝘛𝘏𝘖𝘙𝘚 𝘕𝘖𝘛𝘌

𝘈𝘜𝘛𝘏𝘖𝘙𝘚 𝘕𝘖𝘛𝘌

a barely dialogued
chapter for you <3

i decided that i didnt
want y/n to catch 
feelings yet , so i
had to retype this 
entire chapter . lol .

anyways , i think i 
have a firm , secure
plot for this  book 
that isn't that wavy
and all over the place :)