𝐗. 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐊𝐘

SECOND POV

SECOND POV

When you open your eyes again, the first thing you see is a brilliantly midnight blue sky with shining stars splattered all over it like a beautiful canvas. You sigh and lay back down, when you feel something shift on your stomach. Looking down in horror, you see Meruem using it as a pillow. You stare back at the sky, twisting your views on it until it looked like a broken masterpiece. 

Your admiration of the dome separating the earth from space is put to a halt as questions barrage your mind. Why is Meruem on your stomach? How did the both of you fall asleep? Scratch that, when did the both of you fall asleep? How is it already nighttime? How long were you guys talking inside this little garden? Wasn't Meruem going to show you the rest of this castle? Shoot, you hope Pitou, Pouf, and Youpi don't find you and Meruem. You'll be in for a real treat if they do. 

You sigh, laying back down and deciding to just admire the night sky and push all of your problems to the side. 

Meanwhile, Meruem cracks an eye open. He watches as you start irregularly breathing. His own breath hitches as you clutch your hair, but he lets it out when you lay back down. A peaceful expression lays on your face once more as your eyes roam the sky. 

Why is he still pretending to be asleep? He moves again, relaxing and finding a more comfortable place on your stomach. What is he gaining from still being "asleep"?

In all honesty, his heart knows what he's gaining, so that's why he's still in this situation, sleeping on your stomach. But his mind ... his mind can't accept it still, so it fights his heart, until giving him his whole predicament in one sentence. 

Are. 

You. 

In. 

Love. 

With. 

Them? 

That's the question that started the war between his heart and his mind. 

But for some reason, he doesn't hate that they're fighting. It provides him an excuse to escape boredom, but also a chance to watch you. To look at you without having you realise and fly away out of his grasp. 

Meruem, too, is pushing his problems out of the way and only focusing on you. He already knows a lot about you, and what you want and value in life. You want freedom and power. He wants the same, except he also ... feels for you. He feels certain emotions for you, but he doesn't know if you feel them back. But to admit to those emotions would let his heart gain the upper hand. And then his inward source of entertainment would be gone, and a new one would appear. A new one that he isn't ready to bear, and that isn't entertaining whatsoever. No, if he let his heart win, he would be in for a whole new rollercoaster that would dip and dive and soar at the thought of you and how you felt. 

But maybe his emotions are already showing to the outside world. It's already evident that he prioritises you over everyone else a little too much. Meruem had raised you up on a pedestal, carrying you higher than any other being or thing. Perhaps this "pedestal" guarantees your safety, or perhaps the pedestal just showed how far away from others you really are on a path to gaining Meruem's heart. Because you are way too close for comfort to acquiring the key and reigning over his not so guarded heart.

Meruem twists again on your stomach, turning around so he can think without the threat of you turning and reading his face, obtaining knowledge of every single thing he's thinking. Every single thought he's thinking about you. 

He lets out a simple breath and returns to his now confusing thoughts. 

How could he be feeling so much emotion? Especially for one person?

Now doubt comes rushing in, armies sent from his mind, but almost instantly, it is thrown away by his heart. He moves again until suddenly, his arms are around your waist, his head's buried in your stomach, and his body lays between your thighs. 

He freezes. How did he even get in this position? Then, suddenly, he feels your finger light touch on him. His eyes open slightly to see a soft smile on your face, directed at him. He closes his eyes again and a warm feeling fills him as his heart wins the war. Maybe he is in love with you. Maybe.

i just realisedmeruem is achimera ant

i just realised
meruem is a
chimera ant

besties he isn't
even human
why are we
simping over
him </3

doesn't mean
we're going to
stop, though