Chapter 6: Crybaby

"Even if you decide to leave me, I won't be the one leaving you."

—~—

Third Person POV

July 2018 - West Tokyo City, Eishuu Juvenile Detention Center

"Ijichi-san, question," Yuuji chimed in and rose his hand. (Y/n) and her three students stood outside of their mission location listening to the male named, Ijichi, disclose information about their task, "What's a 'window' here?"

"A window is a member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers though," he explained as (y/n) formed a silent 'ohh' considering she never really met anyone like that a millennium ago when sorcery was used by everybody, "At present, five detainees remain there with the curse womb. If this curse womb is the type that metamorphoses, we predict it will become a special-grade cursed spirit."

"Hey so... I still don't really understand what 'special-grade' means," Yuuji told his two partners, Megumi and Nobara, as they both sighed in exasperation.

"Then allow me to explain it so even idiots can understand," Ijichi started as Yuuji and (y/n) paid close attention. What the two gathered was that Grade 4 was a pretty weak curse and as it progresses, special-grades were the strongest there could be.

"That's real bad!" The pink-haired sorcerer stated as the (h/c)-nette next to him rapidly nodded her head in agreement.

"Yeah! Why are we taking a 'special-grade' job when my students are only first years?!" (Y/n) asked in worry.

"You are considered a special grade curse, (l/n)-sensei..." Megumi deadpanned as the said female turned incredulously at him.

"I am?!"

"Yes, so basically, you're on level with Gojo-sensei or multiple Gojo-sensei's," the raven-haired boy informed, "And to answer your question, normally a jujutsu sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojo-sensei, but I'm assuming we can take this job if you're here (l/n)-sensei."

"I see..." the female trailed off but still furrowed her eyebrows in contemplation.

"What did you call curses back then, sensei?" Yuuji asked in curiosity as all three of them tilted their heads expectantly.

"If they were that powerful, we'll just yell 'oh shi-!' and ran," (y/n) blatantly said and the trio sweat-dropped, "The hell you mean there's 'ranks'??"

It was silent for a second until Ijichi spoke one again, "The current case, however, is an abnormal one, and most urgent. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special-grade...

... your options are to either run or die."

"W-What's going on in here?" Yuuji questioned as the four entered the detention center, "This is a two-story dorm, isn't it?"

"C-C-Calm down! It's a maisonette," Nobara stammered, more so to reassure herself than the others.

"No, it's not..." Megumi muttered under his breath.

"This... is an Innate Domain..." (Y/n) softly whispered and stared in horror at the vast cursed space they were placed in. Her and Megumi caught eye contact for a split-second until they realized their dilemma.

"Where's the door?!" They screamed synchronously and urgently spun around to face where they came from, only to find that it was no longer there.

"T-The door's gone!" The pink-haired boy exclaimed as him and Nobara became increasingly panicked.