47

Lily was forced to watch from chains as the young queen was given her lessons. Brutal lessons, enforced with violence like no other. The poor girl was bleeding all over and still had to set a table and serve tea to non-existent guests. All whilst balancing a book on her head.

Lily hated the scene in front of her. She was forced to come everywhere though. Ivera was terrified that she would escape. One word to Xavier was all it would take for her to fall. Lily knew that very well. If only she could get to Xavier.

"That's a good pet."

Lily held in her urge to vomit seeing the way her queen was demeaned. She was enraged seeing how harsh Ivera was on her. She expected her to maintain posture whilst trying not to collapse in pain. Any stumbles got more whippings.

Ivera was not training a queen, she was breaking in a slave whilst playing sick and twisted games. Lily could tell that. Ivera was telling the girl lies to make her willing to comply and work harder.

"Don't you love how obedient she is, Lily?" Ivera asked.

"I think you are sick and demented. By the way you were screaming at her 5 minutes ago and whipping her for insolence because she was about to drop down from exhaustion after hours of working," Lily spat at the vampire.

"Perfection is not achieved without hard work princess. Compare this refined Madeline to the filthy thing from the streets. She has been greatly improved."

"I'd say broken," Lily growled.

"No growling. I wouldn't want you influencing Madeline."

"I don't care! You are the most twisted woman I have ever met. You kidnapped your own queen and have been beating her and overworking her just because you enjoy seeing those with any sort of authority above you squashed beneath you!"Lily shouted, her nails turning to claws.

Lily screamed in pain as her chains burnt her skin the moment she tried to shift. They kept burning until the slight change was gone.

"Lily!" Maddy exclaimed horrified.

She stumbled up the steps to her friend.

"Get back here Madeline!" Ivera shouted at the girl.

"But Lily is hurt—"

"I don't care. I thought one of the rules I gave you was not to get distracted! Do you think you will be allowed to run around rooms when a meeting or dinner is in session?" The vampire snapped.

"No mistress," she sighed in response.

"Exactly."

Lily tugged on the chains as she watched Ivera take out the whip again.

"Put down the whip Ivera! You'll kill her!" Lily yelled.

She knew Maddy could die easily. Ivera was preparing to give her a lot more lashes. There was only so much Ivera could heal of Maddy. If it got severe, Maddy could die. She was already getting weaker.

Lily had never felt so terrified in her life. Seeing the girl about to be whipped made her feel so angry and so desperate to help. The chains that held her back made her feel helpless. Knowing she could not help at all scared her and tortured her.

"I would not kill my pet," Ivera said.

The strike of the whip against Maddy's skin said otherwise.

"Get off the floor!" Ivera ordered as Maddy collapsed onto her knees.

Maddy felt horrible. She felt so sick and nauseous. Her bones were shaking. She didn't know what was happening.