27

"It looks absolutely amazing! Xavier is absolutely going to adore you in this!" Lily exclaimed as Maddy twirled around in the dress.

"Are you sure about that. It's so long— Ah!" Maddy exclaimed falling onto the ground as she tripped over the long train.

"You're so clumsy," Lily laughed helping the human up and the seamstress quickly and frantically began to dust off the dress.

"I am not. I just don't know how I am supposed to move about in this thing."

"You're always so negative. It outlines your curves amazingly—"

"What curves? I am a literal stick."

"See so negative. Well it highlights whatever curves you actually have and the  red brings out the neverending fury in your eyes," Lily declared.

"I feel as if you are mocking me. Besides—"

"No more negatives! Look at yourself. You are absolutely gorgeous."

"Says the lycan guard that all men stare after when she walks by," Maddy said with a raised eyebrow.

"They focus on status not beauty."

"Yeah right. Have you seen yourself. You are absolute perfection," Maddy said rolling her eyes.

"And you aren't?"

"I'm short and have barely anything. I also have.... that doesn't matter. The point is you are beautiful and I am not—"

"Maddy you are the cutest—"

"Cutest. Everyone calls me cute. The same thing you would call a doll or a child. They think I am an adorable little doll, not a beautiful woman or anything," Maddy said, adding a laugh at the end.

"Madeline I won't have my cousin's mate speaking down about herself. You are beautiful, amazing and anyone who can't see that is too blinded by prejudice or an idiot. Actually anyone who can't see it is an idiot, fullstop."

"Really?" Maddy asked, really not believing it in the slightest.

"Really!" Lily affirmed with a nod of her head.

"Come let's go and show you off in this to Xavier— wait you humans have a certain custom. Yes! Weddings! When the groom doesn't get to see the dress or anything until the day of the event. I have always loved how cute that is. We should totally do that since this is kinda like a wedding I guess. Since we don't do weddings. I mean why do weddings when you are already tied together—"

"Yikes calm down. You're making the seamstress uncomfortable," Maddy whispered to Lily.

"I can't help it. I've never gotten to do anything like this before. I also happen to get a tad bit too excited from time to time," Lily laughed.

Maddy shook her head as she compared the usual guard version of Lily and the current bouncy Lily that seemed to have gone on an intense sugar rush.

"Also when do you plan to mate?" Lily asked.

Maddy froze in place. Her mouth was moving but no exact words were coming out. Her cheeks were stained red.

"So?" Lily asked curious and excited.

"None of your business," the human quickly replied.

"Aww you're blushing! You are just so innocent and cute!"

Maddy blushed harder as her traitorous mind brought up the instances in which the Alpha King had called her those two things.

"Excuse me, princess, but I need to still—" the seamstress said, rather meekly, trying to shift the attention back onto what was supposed to be happening.