56

"They keep telling me I am unable to leave the castle!" Lily screamed pacing back and forth with clenched, fisted hands.

"He has become a control freak. Be glad he is allowing you to at least walk the castle unescorted. I cannot even leave my room without him," Maddy sighed. 

"Well when Ivera is gone, his mania has to stop too," Lily theorized.

"He refuses to kill her. He keeps making stupid excuses so until that happens he will be controlling," Maddy rolled her eyes. "The doctor said I can operate perfectly now but I am just allowed to walk because of our dear King."

"My birthday is in a week. If I ask him to have a party I doubt he would refuse," Lily said.

"That is your solution? To throw a party. So if we do not get hurt or kidnapped we are suddenly all good," the Queen said sarcastically.

Lily smirked. "Yes-"

"I have never heard anything so stupid in my life! He is too possessive to let just that change his mind. All that matters in his peanut brain is that since we got hurt once we are helpless and incapable."

"But you are fed up right?" Lily pushed.

"Of course I am but you know there is a risk! Lily you know that if anything goes wrong he will crack down further on security. I would like to roam freely but it is not worth it. The entire kingdom has heard rumours. What if someone attacks. He will go all possessive Alpha King and bam! I am quarantined in my room for the next 5 centuries."

"Do not be ridiculous."

Maddy narrowed her eyes and glanced at the window. "There is a guard in the tree down there! Do you really think I am being ridiculous. It has been over a month and yet he will not calm down. I understand love and mates and the desire to protect and so on that every keeps blabbing on about but it is too much. I just want to be able to go to the toilet without the fear of a guard bashing down the door again if I make the slightest sound of pain. I knocked myself on the basin yesterday. It was not bad, I did not bruise at all and then a guard bangs down my bathroom door!"

"I will admit that is insane... which is why we need to stop it before it gets worse."

"Or it goes wrong and I suffer! Lily you are a wolf! He has at least a bit more faith in you."

Lily hummed, "Well he will not leave your side and then it goes perfectly-"

"One event will not change his mind and did you forget how many people think of my kind as slaves. I think there is a big chance of things going very wrong and I have a lot of freedoms I stand to lose if that happens."

"Then trick him into a deal. You know just make him all flustered and he will agree to anything."

Maddy frowned, "He cannot be that stupid."

"I bet he can and will. Oh and give him some puppy eyes that will work perfectly- I can hear him!"

"What. I didnt agree-"

Lily shoved the queen forward as the bedroom door opened. Her head fell onto the shirt of a wolf. She glanced back to see Lily doing strange hand signals and decided to give in. Their little scheme could not fail too badly.

"So I was wondering if I could have a ball next week for my birthday. It would really make me feel a lot better after the big shock I received," Lily began.

"I do not think that is-"

"Please Xavie. I really want to make some friends and we are sooo bored here," Maddy whispered looking up at her mate.

"But-"

She grabbed his arm and yanked him down, her lips placing themselves softly on his cheek. "Please... it would mean a lot."

"Okay you can have your party. Just have the invitations done in two days and I will have the butler convene with you to organize the rest," the king relented before rushing out the room and closing the door.

"Did you see his face! His cheeks were like tomatoes," Maddy laughed.

"I told you it would work. Honestly I expected him to take more work than a peck on the cheek."

"True. Have I been ignoring him that much?" Maddy frowned.

"It doesn't matter, we won."

"It is not all prepared yet- I forgot to propose the deal. Ugh," Maddy groaned falling backwards onto the bed.

"Which can be done later," Lily grinned tapping her friend's nose. "What matters is that the first step is done and we can influence public opinion at the ball."

"How?"

"These high society gatherings are perfect for swaying opinions. If you convince the women they persuade their husbands and then if enough agree they can petition the king. The Ivera's head will fall."

"How devious," the queen giggled.

A/N

Sorry its been so long and this chapter still needs editing. I just missed posting. I am super busy still and will be indefinitely so all books will have extremely slow updates and I apologize for that. 

I hope you enjoy the chapter. The book is getting closer to the end now and so is Ivera's end.