Lionel - (1) 🦁

Jealous series part 2

Warning: reference to date rape drugs

You were accompanying Lionel to another of his many dinner meetings. You never really did much at these, just sat and looked pretty, to be leered at by the men on the other side of the table. Today the meeting was at some posh Italian restaurant and Lionel wasn't his cheery self on the drive over, he seemed almost nervous. You had never seen this before but you put it out of your mind as the car pulled up. Lionel grabbed your hand and kissed it. "This is going to be difficult darling" he said. He patted it with his other hand.

You nodded and Lionel smirked. "You will crush em" you said.

Lionel winked. "Planning to"

He led you out of the car and toward the restaurant and sat you down at a table. On the other side of the table sat four men in very expensive suits. They looked like they were from America and wore flashing smiles.

"Hello gentlemen, Mr Williams" Lionel said, sitting down.

"Evening Mr Shabandar" Mr Williams said. You were right, they were American. "And evening Ms"

"Ms (l/n)" Lionel said.

The man who sat opposite to you smirked and you smiled back at him. He winked and hit your foot with his. You looked away and looked at Lionel who stared at all the men.

"So" Lionel said, wanting to start the conversation.

"Shall we get drinks?" the man said, interrupting Lionel.

Lionel shot him a look. "Yes we can" he said.

"Red wine" Lionel said. "What would you like love?" he asked.

"White wine spritzer" you said, smiling.

"Good choice" the man opposite you said.

"Thank you" you said.

Lionel nodded and shot a look at the man opposite you. Some lowly accountant trying to take his girl. Not in a hurry.

"I will have the same as Ms (l/n)" he said.

The waiter took the order and came back after a short while with the drinks.

"Oh I think the waiter got ours mixed up" the man said opposite, he switched the two identical drinks for a joke. You raised your eyebrows and dipped your fingernails into the drink. You where glad you wore the polish which could detect date rape drugs. Nothing. You sighed, not like Lionel would even let that happen but it's best to make sure.

"So what brings you to this meeting?" the man asked.

You looked at him, inside your mind rolling your eyes. "Being the girlfriend of Lionel he likes to take me to his dinner meetings" you said.

"That's good of him" he said. "I bet you meet a number of wealthy bachelors."

"I do" you said.

"Have you ever thought about running away with one?" he asked cheekily.

"Not really" you muttered.

"It would be exhilarating wouldn't it?" he said.

"I guess" you murmured. The man was oblivious of your boredom with the conversation. You with your foot hit Lionel's foot. He immediately looked at you.

"What?" he asked quietly. You signalled with your eyes to the man but Lionel didn't understand and shrugged his shoulders. You sighed and got up. "I am going to the ladies room" you declared and left, your phone in your hand.

You got to the toilet and texted Lionel. "Creepy guy opposite me" You hoped he got it however you got no messages back so you had to go back to the table. As soon as you sat the man smirked.

"I looked after your drink" he said. You raised your eyebrows and took a risk, Lionel would have noticed if he put anything in. You drank it.

"Thanks" you said and put the drink down.

"Don't worry I put nothing bad in it" the man joked.

"Not a funny joke" you muttered.

"What was that?" he asked.

"I said that date rape drugs aren't something to joke about" you said louder. Immediately Lionel turned and put his hand protectively on your thigh.

"I wasn't-"

"Don't carry on talking" Lionel said sharply, looking at the man. "Another drink of the same for (y/n)" he said to the waiter and stared at the man.

"You okay?" he asked in your ear.

"No" you murmured quietly.

"I will get this deal done and we can get home okay?" he said he kissed your cheek gently and looked back at the men. The man who had been talking to you looked at Lionel with jealousy.

The new drink was placed in front of you and you stared at the man. You took a sip and took your phone out, texting your best friend about this whole thing. She messaged back immediately with many expletives and actions she would want to do to the man. you chuckled, shook your head.

"What's funny?" the man asked.

"Oh nothing" you muttered, putting your phone away.

"It is rude to have your phone out at the dinner table" he said, putting on an air of superiority.

You sighed and looked away. You heard your phone buzz and you looked down again.

"You are looking at your phone again!" he exclaimed in mock annoyance. "So rude"

You shot him a glare and texted your friend back. The man kicked your foot and smirked at you.

"What did I say?" he asked.

"Please don't talk to me" you murmured, grabbing Lionel's thigh.

"Why not?" he asked. "I'm just being polite"

"The lady said she doesn't want to talk to you" Lionel said, holding your hand on his thigh. "It would be a good thing if you shut your mouth" you could tell Lionel was getting angry, his fingers tapped and his mouth twitched in anger.

The man stared and Mr Williamson looked at Lionel. "That's not a good way to talk to one of my members of staff" he said.

"I do not want relations with a company who hires men who do not respect a woman who says no" he grabbed your hand. "If you wish to carry on this discussion I want a formal apology, written to my girlfriend" he pulled you up. "Excuse us" He pulled you out of the restaurant before giving the men a sharp and angry look.

You stumbled after him as he pulled you to the car and inside. "Thank you" you murmured.

"How dare he" he said seethingly. "No manners at all" he too your cheek and looked into your eyes. "What do you need to feel better?"

"A hug"

Lionel brought you into a tight hug and rocked you gently, with his thumb he stroked your back. "You did well" he said into your ear. "So well. How about some doughnuts and coffee?" he asked. You nodded, tears welling in your eyes. You sniffed and he hugged you closer. "You will never be talked to like that again" he promised. "If you are I will murder whoever does" You giggled and Lionel smirked. "I am dead serious darling, your big lion will get them"

"Thank you big lion" you said, nuzzling into his chest.

He let go and kissed you gently. "Your welcome lioness" he murmured and commanded the driver to the doughnut drive-through.