chapter 3

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -Walt Disney

꧁𓁿꧂

BEK LANDED ON the outside of Osiris and his Queens tomb and stumbled silently inside with Zaya's body in her arms; her bloodstained dress dragging in the sand.

Bek laid Zaya down gently on the sandstone floor. She then walked down the steps, sniffing occasionally for any potential threats. But she could only smell wine, Gods' blood, and tears of grief.

"I don't need any more worshippers," spoke a bitter, croaky voice and Bek frowned. Horus. "Tributes that rot and stink." There was a pause. "Unless you brought more wine, get out."

"I'm no worshipper." Her tail slithered and moved lightly against the cracked marble floor, her wings drooping and brushing the ground.

"What are you, then? Some kind of thief?" He asked with disgust.

"Yes, a thief," Bek replied, confidently, green eyes twinkling. "And I have something Set took from you."

The eye she was holding flashed and Horus gasped, looking to the side. She sensed a threatening aura coming from him and she put the eye back in her pocket.

Horus forced himself to his feet with a slight struggle. "No mortal can rob Set's vault. You pilfered one of my followers' corpses."

"I'm not any normal mortal, that's for sure. They never even got close," Bek replied, slightly proud of herself, but she also felt threatened by the God who was ten times taller than she was.

"Give them to me," Horus commanded.

"Not yet," Bek said, looking behind her at Zaya's peaceful corpse, blood pooling on the stone beaneath her.

"Give me my eyes," Horus growled, intimidatingly.

"I have a proposition," she began, which made him snap out of anger and impatience. "You dare bargain with me!?"

He brought out his spear from his cloak and lunged at her. Bek effortlessly leaped backwards and tripped him with her thick, black tail. With a grunt he got back up and stabbed at her again, but she flew up with a bellow of wind from her wings and pushed Horus' back with her feet from behind him.

"You're lucky I'm willing to," she snarled. "You can't strike a three-legged elephant!"

She hid behind the tomb where he was resting before. "You want a reward I suppose," he said. "Gold?"

"Gold I can steal-!" she was cut off by a spear near her head, she flipped backwards on the ground and was rolling away from Horus' spear that drew closer.

Bek fell from the edge of the platform and spread her wings, soaring over to the front of the tomb at the bottom of the entrance's stairs. She kicked a piece of sandstone and he came running, spear in hand.