chapter 11

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

꧁𓁿꧂

SET THREW HIS spear upwards and blasted a fireball straight at Horus, who dodged it with ease. Set fired a few more times and Horus dodged them all once again with exceptional gracefulness. Oh, how Horus missed the will of flight, the air going between his wings and the freedom he felt!

However, he had no time to enjoy it when he attacked Set from going under him, scratching his stomach. Set roared in anger and blasted him again.

People below cheered for the Lord of the Air.

Horus avoided his blasts again and again, flying around the castle, scanning the places where both Apophis and his dragons were and where Horus safely placed his beloved.

Horus flew up, dodging some more blasts and one hit in between a statue's forehead. Horus spun around and dived inside, Set was following him, zooming upwards and dodging his own explosions from his own blasts.

They kept going upwards, and with Horus' large and flexible wings, he dodged all the bridges and blasts altogether. But due to Set's straight and metal-like wings, he slammed into most narrow spaces and small things with a grunt of frustration.

Horus flew out of the tower, unseen and unheard by Set and made the God of the Desert stop and look around, spear at the ready.

Horus flipped in the air and went through a window from the outside and slammed right into Set, pushing him against the wall with a war-cry.

Set yelled out in anger and adrenaline. They both exploded from the top of the tower, but Hathor wasn't there anymore, she must have gone to find the other Gods or Bek.

Horus grabbed his uncle's wings and tore them painfully from his back. Set cried out in pain and Horus dived back down into the tower, Set in his arms. Set flipped around and flung Horus down the tower. Set threw a few more fireballs and they broke the Tower's hold.

Set then landed with a painful thud onto the stone ground. Then the tower started falling, its debris and soot landing all over the red army, wiping them all out.

Horus landed on a boulder and watched with no grief, pity or guilt as his uncle crawled across the ground, obviously crippled waist down.

Set coughed, he was back in human form, his golden blood trailing after him. Set flipped onto his back when Horus landed next to him, his transformation disappearing, leaving him only in his armour as he stared down emotionlessly at his uncle.

Horus grabbed the spear and Set coughed and wheezed. "Behold, the new king..." he rasped.

Horus shook his head, his face held disgust and hatred and disappointment. "I once had thought you were the greatest of all the Gods, now look at you, you have nothing. Look who's the cripple now?"

Set knew he was referring to the Nightfury Horus loved. Set scowled. "I am the greatest god!"

His golden blood surrounded his form quickly.

Horus lunged the spear up, prepared to bring it back down onto his chest but Set cut him off. "I spared you once, huh?" Set was afraid of death. "I showed you mercy..."

"I won't make that mistake." Horus brought down Ra's spear and impaled the God of the Desert in the chest. Set roared in anger, fear and pain as his body evaporated from the heat. Fire surrounding them in a blaze.

After that, Hathor was with some of the Gods' and Goddess' in the pyramid and Horus went to Ra, who was floating in space, a trail of his silver blood flowing behind him. He placed the spear to his grandfather's chest. "Grandfather, there is still time."

Ra opened his eyes and flew down to earth where Apophis ate. "Enough beast!" He blasted a powerful fireball at Apophis and he roared in anger.

Turning around, Apophis fled, and all the dragons were free, they flew above Apophis and blasted their own fire. Gronkle's did the most damage with their thick, blocky, rock-filled fireballs. Ra growled lowly, watching the dragons have their vengeance with sadistic pleasure.

Meanwhile, in the Land of the Dead, Anubis breathed quickly as the darkness disappeared and he could finally stop his power from blocking the beast out.

The Lightfury, Zaya, stopped crouching and padded up next to Anubis, despite passing the weights with nothing and looked at him.

Everyone else was standing as well, looking dazed and unsure.

Anubis nodded at Zaya and the girl in dragon form purred. They did it. Zaya then looked around and whispered, Together.