chapter 12

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." -Robert Louis Stevenson

꧁𓁿꧂

HORUS LANDED ON the street where he placed Bek, his wings making a majestic swish sound before he was left in only his golden armour once again.

All of the commoners and nobles bowed in respect and admiration to their new king as he walked past them. Horus looked around him, trying to find Bek along with noticing all their undying loyalty to him; but he only saw his left eye in the small hands of a little girl, most likely the age of twelve or ten, handing it out to him.

He kneeled gently and grabbed the eye, slowly pushing it in his left socket and it glowed before it dimmed down. He took the eye-patch off and breathed in before exhaling. He was glad to have both of his eyes again.

He blinked and stared at the human child with a new-found respect for mortals he never knew he had. "Thank you." Horus stood back up and the child smiled, proud of herself and him.

Horus waved his arms making everyone cheer in victory. Horus spotted his Bek still where he left her and quickly kneeled beside her. "We make a good team," Horus murmured and Bek smiled tiredly.

"Are you sure you're not a Goddess?" Horus continued. "You can turn into a dragon and survive a battle with Set."

"What would I be goddess of?" Bek rasped, her breathing going slow and ragged. Blood had made a pool around her, some going through the cracks in the ground and dripping into the water. Horus stared at the blood and held back the tears.

"Stupidity?" Bek asked when he didn't answer, and Horus shifted her in his arms, her head laying on his shoulder, her cheek pressing against his chest. "The impossible," he whispered, tears falling.

Bek smiled with a small laugh and coughed, blood sliding down from the corner of her lips. A tear escaped her left eye and soaked into her beautiful black locks. "Horus? I love you." Bek said and Horus blinked with affection, grief and fear.

"I love you too, Bek-!" he cut himself off when she closed her eyes forever and stopped breathing, going limp in his arms. Horus shook her slightly. "Bek?"

Nothing.

He shook her again and called out her name, but she was too far from his reach.

Some of the dragons flew down beside them and bowed their heads in grief. They never enjoyed losing another dragon, especially when Bek was automatically named their Alpha after she defied Apophis, but now she was dead.

A red Monstrous Nightmare stepped forwards and nudged Horus' shoulder and spoke in a solemn, gruff voice. You were her mate. You are now the Alpha of all dragons.

Horus held Bek close, and for the first time, cried.

Horus and Hathor both had built a grand tomb for Nephthys, Thoth, Bek and Zaya.

A black Night Fury statue made of polished jetstone outside of the tomb on the left, with green emerald eyes, and a Light Fury statue, positioned outside on the right, with sapphire eyes; it was made out of quartz. Horus made a tomb for Zaya with a white Light Fury on it, sleeping. Hathor placed the girl inside of it, she was dressed in white-and-gold armour.

Bek was next to Zaya with a Night Fury statue sleeping on it and Horus placed her inside with glassy eyes. Hathor placed Thoth and Nephthys inside their own respected tombs as well. Thoth had a brain carved on his and Nephthys had finches.

Horus didn't close the top of their tombs just yet. He didn't want to let them all go, even if he only saw Zaya for a second in the sand vision Hathor conjured, but she had faith in him. Deep faith. That meant a lot to him. Thoth was his teacher and friend. Nephthys was like his sister, she was raised with him. Then there was Bek...

Hathor looked at Thoth with grief and love, obviously they had a small connection before Set's rule and now her beloved was gone as well...

Horus stared longingly at Bek's face, she must have de-transformed because her wings and tail were gone. A sudden blast behind both Hathor and Horus made them turn to see Ra.

They both bowed before they stood straight.

Ra looked sadly at the two dragon sisters' and the God's tombs . He trained his eyes on Horus. "I have never been in debt. And yet I am in debt to you, grandson," Ra said. "Ask whatever you will. Mountains will kneel before you, the winds will heed your bidding. Answer quickly for Apophis still hungers... The night is always coming."

Horus looked back at Bek's beautiful lifeless body and then at Ra. "I want nothing..." Horus said, thinking. "Except what's impossible for me to give."

Ra smiled knowingly and closed his eyes, he opened them again and spread his arms open. He glowed brightly, and everything went white.

Bek woke up with a loud gasp, pushing her hair out of her face. She looked around and saw Horus who was looking at her with utter shock and joy.

Tears slid down their faces and they embraced with a kiss. It was warm and passionate, an action that expressed their deep affections for one another. Bek pulled away gently and looked at her hands. "Am I...?"

"Yes." Horus opened his eyes and leaned his forehead against hers. "You've returned to me. Never leave me again, you idiot."

"I promise," Bek whispered.

They stayed like that for a while, also noticing Nephthys and Thoth had also been revived. Horus looked behind her. "Bek? You might want to help her."

Bek turned around and saw her sister, awake and sitting up with her white Light Fury wings and tail.

"Zaya!" Bek gasped and grabbed her hand, pulling her up. Bek also transformed into her tail and wings and noticed her original tail wing was now there. She was no longer crippled!

Zaya hugged Bek and sniffled in her hair.

"Zaya." Horus said, stepping forward, and the Light Fury girl looked at the god with faith and respect. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "I am Horus."

"My lord." Zaya kneeled and Bek looked slyly at her beloved. "I thought this was impossible?"

Horus blinked at Bek and nodded. "Impossible, yes."

Zaya stood back up with a smile and hugged Bek again. Thoth came over with a furrowed brow. "How in the ancients did you accomplish resurrection?"

Horus looked at his friend. "The impossible."

꧁𓁿꧂

The crowd cheered for their new King Horus.

As he wished, the pyramid went back to normal and everyone who died by Set's hands came back to life. Except his mother and father, who were now in the afterlife.

Zaya and her sister, Bek, now lived in the palace and now were standing before the people with Zaya in white dresses. Bek looked at Horus who was staring at the sky, dressed in white and gold robes. Zaya was named the Goddess of Faith and Bek was the Goddess of the Impossible.

Since she came to life, the dragons renamed her the Alpha along with Horus as their Alpha male. The dragon shifters lived among the people, some riding their backs and some married to them.

Horus looked at Bek and smiled warmly.

Bek nodded and she and Zaya transformed into their dragon forms and sent fire blasts into the sky. All the other dragons did the same.

The war was over.