chapter 4

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

꧁𓁿꧂

THE WIND HOWLED upon the great Mountain of Ra. Horus was too busy climbing to mind. Being the God of the Sky must of had it's perks.

Bek was happily flying around the mountain, though. She so far did over one-thousand laps around the mountain - it took hours for Horus to climb, which was surprising because Bek assumed Gods could do anything easily.

Finally, Horus reached the top of the mountain and he looked frustratingly at Bek. "You could have carried me."

"I thought you could fly yourself?" Bek asked slyly and he scowled. "I cannot transform or use my powers without both of my eyes."

Bek nodded in understanding and then shrugged. "Even so, you are still too heavy. You are much bigger than I am."

He looked questioningly at her. "What are you?"

"I don't know," Bek admitted. "All I know is that I am a dragon shapeshifter that was born eighteen years ago alongside Zaya. She can see the future but... she never told me how you would take back the crown."

Horus' eyes narrowed. "So, you cannot be a Goddess, then."

Bek looked at him questioningly, surprised. "Why would you think that? I am much smaller, less God-like, and my parents were thieves."

Horus ignored her and walked up to the sun made of rock. He kneeled, but before anything happened, Bek spoke again, "So, what do you plan on doing?"

"To kill the God of the Desert, you must kill the desert itself," he replied, and her eyes widened.

"Kill the desert? How do you kill the desert!?"

Horus sighed. "We must go to my grandfather... He'll help us with our task."

Bek's green eyes widened in awe. "Your grandfather? You mean Ra? The Sun God, Ra?"

Horus nodded in affirmation. "Who else?"

The dragon shifter put her hands on her hips and sighhed. "Okay, so where is he?" she asked and Horus looked up at the sky. Bek groaned in disdain. "Oh no - I have never flown that high!"

He sighed in exasperation. "Don't worry, I will pray for strength and hope that my grandfather grants me my power to fly up there to talk."

"That sounds encouraging." Bek responded, sarcastically.

"Shut up or you'll reach the bottom far quicker than the top."

"You do realise that I can just fly safely back up, right?"