Chapter 5- Hatake (Edited 1/29/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

I scowled as, yet again, my blue ball of chakra energy burst in midair. Minato shook his head and sighed.

"No no no Mina, you have to control the spinning equally or else it'll disperse." I was learning a new technique from Minato that was next to impossible! He invented it himself so it was an incomplete jutsu and because of that, even he doesn't know all the shortcuts to it. I was having a hard time concentrating chakra into one hand while spinning it in the other. If I had two hands to do both then I'd be set. Obito, Rin, and Kakashi were eating their lunches near the memorial stone. The weather was warm which was nice and we were all a little sweaty from training today. Minato set some time aside for me so that he could teach me my cool new move...if I could ever do it. I thought back to my idea from earlier about needing an extra hand... If only there could be two of me! Wait...there can be! I quickly created a shadow clone and summoned up my chakra once again. Minato looked confused.

"Mina...what are you doing?"

"If I-...can't have another... set of hands... I'm gonna make them, ya know!" I wearily grinned. Minato looked surprised. I moved the chakra into my hands and had my clone control the shaping part. It wasn't long before that I had a bright blue ball of chakra in my hand. I grinned at Minato.

"Look! I did it ya know!" Minato looked breathless.

"You.. You.. Did it! I'm impressed Mina! Well done!" My team was listening and looked at me stunned as I ran with the ball towards a wooden log.

"RASENGAN!"

The core of the wood exploded into millions of little splinters and sawdust. I took in deep breaths, panting heavily before sitting on the ground and letting the sweat from my forehead drip onto the grass. Obito and Rin cheered and clapped for me. I grinned at them before moving over to sit with the rest of the team to eat lunch. Kushina came earlier and dropped off a small bento box for me. I immediately dug in and ate like a maniac. I looked down at my wrists to see a slight scar from when the chains held me when I was kidnapped. I shivered remembering the whole encounter.

They kept calling me a jinchuriki, something I never heard of before. It wasn't until Kushina explained to me what it was and why they took me that I finally understood.  My sister had the nine-tails put inside her a few years ago and didn't tell me because she was scared how I would react. I was more upset that she didn't tell me rather than the fact she's the bearer of the nine tails. I love my sister too much to ever view her as anything less than family.

~~

I walked casually with Obito down the streets of Konoha while chatting. He was so carefree and cheerful that I never ceased to have a smile when I was around him. 

“So Obito, are you coming over tonight? Kushina is making the team a family dinner ya know, remember?” I asked him. My red hair was falling over my shoulders and I used my ninja headband to hold it back. He grinned at me.

“Uh yeah! I’ll never miss out on Kushina’s cooking!” I smiled back and butterflies in my stomach fluttered a bit at the thought of Obito having dinner with me but I held back the internal squeal. Obito and I did our daily ritual of helping some old ladies and running errands for the people which usually made us late for whatever we had to do. Kakashi always lectured us on rules and shinobi rules…blah blah blah…

It was starting to get dark outside which was our clock to tell us it was time to head over to my house. Obito and I were cracking jokes and laughing the whole way there, but I couldn’t get it out of my head wanting to tell him how I feel. It hurts, keeping things in like that. I just wanted to hug him and tell him everything and have him hopefully feel the same…but I know it’d never happen…and because of that…I don’t know if I could ever tell him. We walked into my house and a mouthwatering scent of cooking beef and broth overwhelmed my senses. Obito and I were slightly drooling before Minato came and closed our mouths.