Chapter 34- A Mother's Love

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"Kakashi..." Minako cried out in agony. The child she sacrificed so much for...the one she gave up a normal life for...just proclaimed his hatred for her. After every sleepless night to calm his fears, all of the times she had wiped his tears, every bandage she wrapped for him tightly and gave a kiss to make it better...suddenly were void to him. Minako felt helpless. She wanted to explain to Naruto his past and history but the reason she didn't just yet was to avoid the immature response he had in that moment. Kakashi wrapped his arms tightly around her and comforted his wife. 

"Shhh. Mina...take deep breaths...shhh. My love..." He spoke soothingly to her with love in every word. He was pissed off at Naruto for sure for making her feel that way. She sacrificed everything for that kid, including her childhood. She was broke for years in order to fund his healthcare and childish supplies. She worked endless nights and trained tirelessly so she could accept high paying missions in order to fund his education. She gave him nothing but hugs and kisses, had his back on every occasion and never turned him down for help. Kakashi didn't know if there was ever as good of a mother as Minako. She pretended her pain didn't exsist so her children's happiness could flourish. 

"Ka-kashi...am...am I a failure? Did I fail Kushina?" Minako weeped into his arms. Naruto's rejection cut her deep. Never before has her own child raised a hand to her or said spiteful things towards her. Normally an Uzumaki would have thrown a fit of rage or yelled with a furious temper...but Mina was just hurt. After all, her life only had meaning when it came to her family.

"Sweetheart no no...Kushina would be so proud of you. Naruto is confused right now and we will fix this okay? I will fix it. I will make it all better. Naruto loves you. He really does. He's blinded by his idiocy right now." Minako was hiccuping as the tears fell from her big round violet eyes. They were the same eyes as their daughter who woke up to the sound of her mother's cries. 

"Mommy?" Shinasui whispered while peaking outside her bedroom door. Her silky moonlight colored hair fell past her shoulders and blended in with her white nightgown. Her purple eyes went wide when she saw her mother's face red and swollen from crying and her silver haired father trying to console her. 

"Mommy is okay sweetheart, Daddy is taking care of her. Okay? Go back to sleep baby girl." Kakashi said in a sweet voice. Shina ignored him however and ran to her mother, Mina sweeping her up in her arms and giving her daughter kisses all over her face.

"I love you Mommy. Big brother loves you too. I dream it." Mina felt a little bit better when hearing her youngest's words. Kakashi hugged his two girls tightly, loving his family with everything he had. 

"Kakashi...what should I do?" Mina asked while her daughter played with her silky red strands. Her face was still puffy and her nose was running a bit. Kakashi knew Naruto was okay but just needed to let off some steam.

"Give him some time. Come lay down with Shinasui and I in bed. You need to relax." Mina nodded in agreement before giving Shinasui to her doting father. Kakashi carried her into her parent's bedroom and laid her in the middle of the mattress, Mina and Kakashi getting on either side of her. They held their daughter tightly, Kakashi looking into his wife's eyes. Shinasui fell asleep quickly, a talent of hers, giving the adults time to talk.

"What have I done Kakashi?" Mina whispered. Kakashi adjusted his arm so he could move his hand to caress his lover's cheek.

"Nothing Mina. You have done nothing wrong. He's a kid and kids say stupid things. I'll talk to him later after he cools off." Mina felt a few stray tears drift from her eyes, only to be wiped away by her husband's delicate hand.

"I love you more than the world Mina. It's gonna be okay." 

~~

Naruto escaped the Hatake household with saltwater flowing from his cerulean eyes. He felt his heart break in two, his trust in the person he loved most had shattered. After all, the twelve year old boy believed the only family he had from day one was her, and yet she wasn't even his mother. Naruto ran to the empty school yard where he often sat alone to think. He set himself down in front of a tree where he cried himself to sleep until the school day was about to begin.