Chapter 11- Naruto (Edited 1/29/20)

TIME SKIP 5 MONTHS

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

My nerves were shot. Today was the day...
October 10th...

The day was a warm one, despite it being October. Kakashi was helping my very pregnant sister travel to a secret location where Minato was, so that way the birth of my nephew would go smoothly. I felt uneasy, a dark feeling brewing in me. I walked slowly, guarding a few of the women that would help Kushina with the birth. It was getting darker, the air slowly getting cooler. I was on edge for some reason, whether it was just anxiety over the birth or if it really were my instincts...all I knew was that I wish Kakashi was with me right now.

The eldest midwife turned to me with a raised brow, a small smile on her face. The light wrinkles on her face showed that she had little signs of anxiety in her life. I'll probably get those wrinkles in five minutes.

"Nervous sweetheart?" She asked me. I swallowed hard and nodded. The elderly woman smiled before nodding at me. Her eyes were almond shaped, a deep set look that showed years of experience.

"There's nothing to worry about dear, I've delivered hundred of babies. The most experienced midwife in Konoha!" She exclaimed. I released a deep breath yet still felt quivering anxiety.

"Not so much worried about that part...ya know." I whispered to myself. The walk was easy, the five women with me were mostly in-shape so breaks weren't necessary, the eldest being in her early fifties. The breeze was picking up slightly but it didn't affect anything much. I felt it was a bad omen however...something terrible was going to happen...all I wanted was to be with my family...Minato, Kushina, and my boyfriend. I found the hidden temple grounds where several visable and hidden Anbu were stationed. They bowed their heads to me and I nodded back, an anxious expression on my face.

"Is everything alright Miss Uzumaki?" One guard asked. I nodded and leaned close to him...his mask resembled a scared fox...another omen.

"Keep an eye out ya know, I am feeling uneasy." The man nodded and opened the door for me, allowing me inside the small, cramped room. There in the middle on an elevated mattress was my sweaty sister, her ruby strands of hair sticking to her face and her bulging stomach was covered by a thin white sheet. I spotted Kakashi standing in the corner, watching over her along with Minato. I ran to Kakashi and hugged him tightly as the midwives tended to my sister. Kakashi was taken off guard but smoothed out my hair anyway.

"Are you okay?" I shook my head, turning to Minato as well.

"Please...I feel uneasy...I feel it in the air." Kushina's groans interrupted me however. A small puddle of water soaked the floor beneath her mattress, a sign that she was going into labor.

"Minako, help me start the ritual." I nodded and gathered the candles Minato brought and placed them around the stone room. Minato bit the tip of his finger, drawing a pattern in his blood on a clean stone tablet. Using my chakra chains, I set up a second barrier of chains to protect us. Minato was making sure the nine-tails chakra didn't leak as his wife pushed. Kushina cried out in pain, sweat beading down her face.

"You're doing great honey!" Minato cheered. Kushina's eyes burned like fire.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"Okay!" I couldn't help but laugh a little at that, their interactions with each other. Even after nearly ten years, they were still the same. They loved each other more than anything. Minato would die a thousand times for her, and Kushina would do the same. Their son was going to be one of the greatest ninjas in the village. I just know it... I can see him with a heart of gold like Minato, and a smile so contagious like my sister. With that... My nephew will win the hearts of the people of the world, and I will be by his side every step of the way. I glanced over at Kakashi to see him give me a small smile. It gave me hope...maybe I really will grow up to be like my sister. I grinned at the thought, not before hearing a piercing cry of an infant. My breathing stopped and tears started welling up into my eyes.