Chapter 31- Heartbreaker

ITACHI'S POINT OF VIEW

I was furious as I pushed the demonic man out of the blood circle. I caught enough just in time to understand how his 'jutsu' worked.  He remained the black and white color before growling at me. 

"Errg!! How dare you fuck up my sacrifice! I'll destroy you!" He growled. I made sure he was all the way out of the circle before I used my mangekyo sharingan. He and I began battling, him attempting to hit me with the scythe without any success. I glanced over to see Minako bleeding out, meaning I needed to finish this up quick. I was furious! How dare someone EVER LAY A HAND ON HER! I knocked the man down before forcing him to look into my mangekyo sharingan. He gritted his teeth before looking into my eyes...big mistake. 

"Tsukuyomi." I casted the genjutsu on him, destroying his mind with infinite torture. I dropped his drooling body before running towards Minako, her desperately trying to open her violet eyes. There were bruises and deep cuts all over her, blood covering her completely. I felt my eyes start to burn from the mangekyo and so I deactivated it. My main focus was taking Minako and bringing her to safety.

"Minako...Minako...open your eyes." She was searching for something to look at before finding me. I brushed the bloody and sweaty hair away from her eyes, afraid to pick her up and move her. My heart was pounding in my chest. It was all up to me to save her right now. I didn't have Shisui, I didn't have Jiraiya, and I didn't have Kakashi. It was all up to me.

I will not let her down.

"Minako listen to my voice. Focus on me...okay? It's all going to be okay. Think of me...think of Naruto...think of Shinasui..." I told her as I used water from a canteen I had and poured it on a piece of cloth I ripped off of her shirt. I wiped the blood off of her arms and legs as best as I could before observing her wounds. They were really deep, too deep for the nine-tails chakra to heal it without taking a long time. This means I have to give her stitches. Minako mumbled a bit, trying to stay awake without much help. I gently tapped her cheeks before making her look me in the eyes, her violet ones finally focusing properly.

"Hey...hey... look at me. Okay look at me." I calmly told her. She had a hazy look in her eyes before mumbling.

"Ita...Ita..." She tried to sound out before losing focus once again. 

"Shit she's losing too much blood! I've got to make this quick!" I began to lose my cool and took out wire from my pouch. Normally it is used for traps but it is strong enough and thin enough for stitches as well. I quickly bit the wire with my teeth to cut it as I stitched up the gash on her leg. I moved and did the same on her shoulder and anywhere else that needed them. I wiped off all the blood and the wounds that I could but noticed she was still bleeding...on the inside of her thigh. I blushed bright red and ignored any urges I had in order to help her. I removed all the clothes on her lower half except for her underwear and found a deep gash on the inside of her thigh. I wiped the blood and made the stitches, my face inches from her... I did my best job and cleaned her up enough so she was no longer bleeding...the most important thing.

"Mina!!! Did you-... Itachi?!?" I turned around to see Jiraiya running towards me, concern and panic written on his face. 

"Itachi what are you doing here? And what happened to Mina!?" I gave him a cold glare. How dare he leave her alone like that? She would have died had I not arrived. How come no one knows how to protect her like I do? Kakashi...Jiraiya...they always put her in these positions and she always gets hurt!! No one can care for her like I do!! I swallowed my anger and turned away from the sannin. I gently picked up my love and cradled her in my arms...taking great care not to rip any stitches.

"She was attacked by an immortal. She would have died had I not arrived. We need to find a hospital and fast." Jiraiya pointed west.

"I found the Hidden Steam Village. It's just a few miles from here." I looked at Minako in my arms and her breathing was shallow. It is all up to me. I have to save her...I have to do it...